SOLD 2021 4WC Hawk, Loaded, Joshua Tree CA, Mesa White, Solar+Lithium+Shower+SideDinette

OrangeCurtain

SOLD

For sale is my loaded 2021 Hawk in Mesa White siding, with side dinette build pattern. Delivery taken in April 2022 at 4WC in SoCal. This is built for extended off-grid use with a robust power system. Weight is around 1150lb empty, closer to 1400lb loaded with 26 gal of water, propane, and some personal items. SOLD

Many hi res photos HERE

S 10-13-22 F250 Jtree Cabin BattleBorn-14.jpg
S6-13-22 Four Wheel Camper Tahoe to Alabama Hills-22.jpg

Highlights:
  • Side Dinette
  • 320 watts of Sunflare Xplore solar panels (most efficient panels on market)
  • 200ah Battle Born Lithium Batteries, 12v system (2400w lithium equivalent)
  • Victron 100/30 MPPT charge controller
  • Victron BMV 712 bluetooth controller (monitor battery from your phone)
  • Victron 1200 watt inverter
  • 6 gal water heater with external shower +shower hose
  • Forced air furnace
  • Dual Maxx Air vent fans
  • King bed extension
  • Upgraded Southwest fabric pattern/ (Indigo?)
  • Flush stove and sink upgrade
  • 85l 3-way Dometic Fridge
  • Rear Flood Lights
  • Exterior down lights
  • Mule steel brackets, ready for Alu cab or other awning (removed)
  • Mule steel bracket for jack bracket (removed, useful for rotopax, power tank, etc)
  • Unattached Rhino Rack 2m meter awning included, new (may fit Mule brackets)
  • Exterior roof steps
  • 4x Reico titan jacks +2 hand cranks +1 ⅜ power drill speed adapter.
  • Pre 2023-style thermal pack
  • Build sheet, manuals, owners manual
  • Full set of keys for deadbolt, camp door, and exterior boxes
  • OverlandGearGuy.com velcro storage pouches for kitchen area
Extras:
  • Custom cut Reflectix press-fit panels for thermal control at windows
  • 2” R-tech foam insulation panels under camper floor for cold weather insulation
  • 3x jack bracket extensions to clear wider trucks
  • Collapsible 2.5 gal water jug, 6 foot short gray water hose, 90* brass on/off valve
  • 6 foot fresh water hose
  • Water flow meter (good to measure how full your tank is)
  • 2x 10 lb propane tanks
  • Folding plastic step for tailgate
  • Uninstalled Zero Declination dropdown shower annex

4WC.SP.006.JPGS4WC.SP.001.jpg
Condition:

All appliances and accessories function as normal. Water pump works great. Solar setup functions as built and batteries hold charge as new. On a summer day panels generate around 2-2.5kwh per day, without attaching any external folding panels. Tons of power for the latest Starlink, laptops, etc. By my calculations you can run an Ecoflow type AC unit, on eco, for 4-6 hours too.

Camper was used for summer trips and has approximately 30 nights slept-in. Has minor signs of wear. Small ding on front lower of camper aluminum (quarter size, see photos for details), small loss of trim under fridge, mesh door repaired in 2 places (thank my dog). Couple of pinstripes on the cabover. Detailed in photos. Some dust on marine material pop up portion. Plexi slide thingy in door has some scuffs. I have ordered replacement drop-in plexi from 4wc.

Price:

Asking price is $31,990. I researched the last 6 months of listings online to look at comps and reach a fair price given upgrades, cost of labor for said upgrades, new 2024 prices, and past sales.

Accepted method of payment is a wire or cashier’s check.

To configure this build as a new 2024 model, you are looking at approx. $42,000, and that does not include newer features like the extended cabover storage, electric lift, etc.

I may have missed a few things, feel free to ask questions. This is a great turnkey 4WC setup and ready for a new home. Now that I’ve finished my cabin in the desert, I use that as a base of operations alongside a GFC more often since I’m a hobbyist carpenter and need the modular enclosed space for lumber and machines. One day I’ll do a flatbed Hawk or Grandby conversion, this Hawk is by far the best-featured camper setup I’ve used that will go anywhere.

Install and Payload Considerations:

The Hawk is the most popular 4WC model, for full-sized trucks with 6.5” ish beds. You can read up more on this model at the 4WC site. If you are not sure if your truck can handle this, I suggest doing a little reading on the Wander the West forums with threads talking about payload, GVWR, etc. This will give you a good foundation to make an educated decision.

You can get your truck prepped at the 4WC shop in Rancho Cucamonga if you need your vehicle camper-ready. They will charge approx. $800 for wiring a 100 amp relay and power system, in addition to installing the properly rated eyebolts in the truck bed for turnbuckles. Turnbuckles are included with the camper. The camper’s power system is pretty self sufficient, so you don’t need to wire to the truck’s inverter system, but it’s strongly recommended. Due to safety and liability concerns, I will not sell the camper unless the pickup truck of the buyer already has eye bolts installed, so the camper can be safely loaded and secured for transport to the end user.

This camper weighs about 1,150lbs dry. Closer to 1,400 with full propane, water tanks, and a reasonable amount of stuff inside. A properly spec’ed ½ ton pickup, with a leaf pack, and aftermarket suspension, may be able to safely and legally carry this camper within it’s specified payload and GVWR, but this is the responsibility of the buyer to research (IE, 2wd supercab F150). Recommend using a ¾ ton truck like an F250 or similar for plenty of payload leeway to stay within engineered GVWR and payload spec.

I used the camper both on an F150 with a leaf pack, and an F250 stock, and while both setups worked fine, I found the handling, braking, and overall experience of using the heavier duty truck superior to the F150.

Last edited:

CKayaks

That is a sweet setup! Fairly priced too. Regretfully, out of my price range by 10K. Not a knock. Your setup is well worth the asking price from what I am seeing on the listings. (Supporting your statement.) The solar and Dakota battery setup was an excellent choice. Anyone out there looking, this is a good deal!

Saw the Yucca Valley location and got excited. We are going to be in Gold Butte NM in a couple weeks and the wife is wanting one of these Hawk setups for future trips. Would have been interesting logistics. We have an Adventure Trailer Teardrop that works well when towed behind my modified Xterra Offroad or our Ram 2500. But she is wanting something a little more than a rolling tent.

Greetings from western Montana. Hope this finds a good home soon.

OrangeCurtain

That is a sweet setup! Fairly priced too. Regretfully, out of my price range by 10K. Not a knock. Your setup is well worth the asking price from what I am seeing on the listings. (Supporting your statement.) The solar and Dakota battery setup was an excellent choice. Anyone out there looking, this is a good deal!

Saw the Yucca Valley location and got excited. We are going to be in Gold Butte NM in a couple weeks and the wife is wanting one of these Hawk setups for future trips. Would have been interesting logistics. We have an Adventure Trailer Teardrop that works well when towed behind my modified Xterra Offroad or our Ram 2500. But she is wanting something a little more than a rolling tent.

Greetings from western Montana. Hope this finds a good home soon.
Thanks for the kind words! The batteries are Battle Borns but very similar to the Dakotas in performance. The Battle Borns are also assembled in Reno, NV and I've taken a tour of their factory!

Teardrops are fun, but it's hard to beat having a rig on your actual truck, no towing needed and much easier to get into small spots, especially on tighter trails with vegetation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior