'23 AT Overland Summit (6'4" Ft Bed) Truck Topper HWY 395 CA.

dedicate

Currently on a Ram 2500. Weighs 340 pounds.

• W/ Factory Roof Rack
  • Arctic Tern Overland Powered Roof Hatch/Window w/Lights
  • Arctic Tern Side Window (Driver's Side)
  • AT Awning Brackets (Driver's Side)
  • Pre-Wired
  • Door Lights, 12v & 2 USB Ports (Standard)

Bought the Summit last year and used it only a few times. I now have a flatbed, which I need to install. And I'm unable to bridge the Summit to it.

Some other details people may not know about these:

They come with a 2.5" foam mattress. The roof can close/lock with an additional 1-2" of bedding. Roof load is rated up to 600 lbs.

AT has their unique honeycomb composite construction, along with a heavy poly-canvas and acrylic, dual pane windows that provide very good insulation. Additional thermal liner available from AT. Other wedge campers are generally not insulated and then some have translucent roofs (?!?!)

The roof hatch window doubles as roof/rack access. Both Arctic Tern windows have black out shades and insect mesh.

The lifting, gas strut bed platform is also unique among these campers, as you can stow the bed, along with its bedding, when not in use, for additional head room inside.

There is a tear in the black out shade of side window that has been patched (pictured)

Dimensions:
79” long x 70” wide x 33.25” tall
Roof: 124” long x 53” wide & 8” thick
96” Standing room at the rear of Summit
72” Standing room at the front
51” Of headroom over bed area

W/the sales tax this cost sover $20,000, from the factory. That doesn't include travel/freight and the installation fee. If you can find a production spot at one of their resellers, its 8-10 weeks wait.

I'm off the 395 in Bishop, on the way North to Mammoth Lakes, CA.

$14,000 OBO. $13,000 OBO (Canopy Not Included)

Attachments

• Tent.jpg
    Tent.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
  • Drivers.jpg
    Drivers.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
  • Passnger.jpg
    Passnger.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 104
  • Roof.jpg
    Roof.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 107
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
  • Awning-Bracket.jpg
    Awning-Bracket.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
  • Bed.jpg
    Bed.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • Tear.jpg
    Tear.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • tempImageuTrsha.png
    tempImageuTrsha.png
    34 KB · Views: 102
  • tempImageS9Z2qX.png
    tempImageS9Z2qX.png
    7 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
How wide is the sleeping platform/mattress? The website shows 48”, but that seems narrow for a full size version.

Jack

dedicate

How wide is the sleeping platform/mattress? The website shows 48”, but that seems narrow for a full size version.

Jack
Hey, sorry for the delay...It is 48". I just measured the mattress itself and its actually 47" x 80" (X 2"thick) The platform itself is slightly larger. It seems like the design of the (strut assist) platform subtracts some extra width from the bed.

Technically this mattress is a standard full size futon. Set up is spacious for one (I'm 6'2"). But if one needed to double up, its best for either an adult/child or smaller bodied couple.

FYI, AT does offer a removable platform to extend the length. This would likely allow two bigger adults to sleep foot to head, though not sure if that comes with a 2" topper.

Thanks!

Last edited:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Thank you for responding. I’ll have to pass as 48” is just too narrow for me and my wife to sleep comfortably. GLWS.

Jack

dedicate

Thanks Jack.

Speaking to this topic in general, now....the At's Summit design tapers to match the roofline of the truck cab, which means the camper is not jutting out on either side of the cab. I think that GFC (as defacto wedge topper) has more width to its platform because its more box-y, which means it sticks out considerably on either side of the cab. While I'm sure theres aerodynamic downside to that, for me personally, I don't want anything sticking off the sides of my rig when I'm on the trail.

I've been looking at RTTs for my new (canopy) set and those are generally 50" wide, interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online