All Terrain Warriors campers

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Exactly how the top is raised is still a mystery. The photos
show a single chrome pole rising out of the shower enclosure.

AND

No attractive models this time.

Chip, What do want? Would you like me to arrange for the "attractive models" to be dancing ON the "chrome pole". Lolol.

Yes, it is part of our roof lift and seriously, we fine tuned the electric roof lift today. Very, very happy with it and the door lift also. We went for top shelf, "mine spec" linear actuators but the control circuitry and flexibility of the switching is fantastic. Well worth it. We also made the rams quickly detachable in case of electric failure and there are safetys in place that prevent the rams from accidently activating while in transit.

Not sure what pics are going up on the website, but I'll try a post some different ones later here if I can.

John.

Mickldo

Adventurer
whatcharterboat said:
AND

Chip, What do want? Would you like me to arrange for the "attractive models" to be dancing ON the "chrome pole". Lolol.

Yes, it is part of our roof lift and seriously, we fine tuned the electric roof lift today. Very, very happy with it and the door lift also. We went for top shelf, "mine spec" linear actuators but the control circuitry and flexibility of the switching is fantastic. Well worth it. We also made the rams quickly detachable in case of electric failure and there are safetys in place that prevent the rams from accidently activating while in transit.

Not sure what pics are going up on the website, but I'll try a post some different ones later here if I can.

John.

MMmmm. . . . . . stripper pole in the shower. . . . . . :drool:

whatcharterboat

Mick. You stay out of it . You're a married man.

BTW that electrical glitch we emailed about mysteriously came good. Thanks for the help.

whatcharterboat

Chip said
Perhaps
the legs of the "X" bracing for the pop top are pulled together
by a cable?

Chip , one of the early ideas we played with was a set of scissors ( or "x" braces) with a linear actuator providing the automation, but the force required when the scissors were collapsed was astronomical. Ok when they were halfway up but not at the start of the lift.

It was never going to happen. I think a cable would be a similar scenario. What we ended up with is far simpler.

Mickldo

Adventurer
whatcharterboat said:
Mick. You stay out of it . You're a married man.

:sombrero:

whatcharterboat said:
BTW that electrical glitch we emailed about mysteriously came good. Thanks for the help.

No problems. They can be frustrating at times and all you need is to step back and look at it from a different point of view and then it will fix itself mysteriously. LOL

haven

Expedition Leader
"Would you like me to arrange for the "attractive models" to be dancing ON the "chrome pole"."

Well, I do live near Las Vegas!

whatcharterboat

Well I'm going to try and lift the All Terrian Warriors thread a little by wishing everyone here on ExpO a Merry Xmas and a safe time over the holidays from ATW. I included a pic of all the staff and our families up the beach for our Xmas party. Spent the day up at Fraser Island on one of our buses. Great fun day.

John
3130841244_db0f7c8f43.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
whatcharterboat said:
Well I'm going to try and lift the All Terrian Warriors thread a little by wishing everyone here on ExpO a Merry Xmas and a safe time over the holidays from ATW. I included a pic of all the staff and our families up the beach for our Xmas party. Spent the day up at Fraser Island on one of our buses. Great fun day.

John
3130841244_db0f7c8f43.jpg
Nice, nothing like Xmas in shorts and t- shirts eh ;)

Seasons greeting to you and your as well mate.

Cheers

Dave

whatcharterboat

whatcharterboat

Thanks Leon.

I know it's a bit hard to see with the light but there is a security / screen door inside the outer door / steps that you have to open as well to gain access. So in our hotter weather here the steps would stay down virtually the whole time you were camped. Obviously you can operate the door from inside as well and we are also looking at a remote operation that will be linked to the vehicles OEM central locking system.

I know the door looks cool but the engineering that went into the hinge and the stops was incredible. A 100kg guy standing on the bottom step applies about 2 ton on the hinge. Think about that for a minute.

Also we had to set up current limits as a safety measure so that the slightest hesitation would stop the door from jamming someones fingers etc. Probably an overkill but if we hope to sell a few then it had to be right first time (and safe).

Thought I'd better throw that in.

John

whatcharterboat

Haven’t posted any thing for a while, so >>> This is a 2006 NPS 300 4x4 that the boss’s son built after hours last year and it’s now virtually finished. Very clever young guy and a real credit to him. The truck only had 3000k’s on it and was a real bargain to start with, which has made the whole project more attainable for him financially. He’s hoping to sell it privately soon and maybe do another one, although on a smaller scale next time. As you can imagine this was a huge undertaking for one guy in his spare time and there was very little he needed any help with.

Some of the stuff:
5.2 ltr turbo diesel, stretched to 4250 mm wheel base, 2 x 120ltr fuel tanks, rubber sock sealed between bodies (cab still tilts), full Warrior off road suspension, factory Isuzu bull bar, 120 ltr + 80 ltr water + waste tank, lightweight composite body and interior, Warrior offroad body spring mounting system, 130ltr stainless steel fridge, alcohol stove/oven, 3 seat leather couch, vacuum flushing toilet / shower / vanity, dual slide out pantries, inner spring mattress with under bed storage, composite black ‘granite look’ bench tops, 2.5kw air conditioner, awning, outside shower, 3x 68w solar laminates, 600w inverter, 2x 180ah AGM deep cycle batteries, 50 amp/12V mains charger, switch mode 24v /12v charging system, sliding tray for generator, electric entry step, higher cab roof height for easier access, etc, etc

The individual dining tables store under the lounge in one of the drawers when not needed. Oh and the bed is on gas struts to help access there too.

I think he’s saving for a SRW conversion using some 19.5” rims unless someone buys it first, but that would just complete the package. Still would definitely be a comfortable Round Oz truck just as it is.

John
DisplayImage.aspx

DisplayImage.aspx

DisplayImage.aspx

DisplayImage.aspx

DisplayImage.aspx

DisplayImage.aspx

DisplayImage.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member