Four By Land's Discovery

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Louis!

Did I tell you that I'm sad you sold your 1st Gen. 4Runner..........and that you are Not "bluerunner"......anymore!!!!!!!!...........>?!!!!!!!

I think I will get over it.........but it may take a while!............:yikes: :eek: :Wow1: :elkgrin: :rolleyes:........... :sombrero:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
FourByLand said:
Sweet color!

I know a guy that has a set of those rims you have on the back for 100$ if you need. Do you have a storage set up in the rear???

Where are the sliders from ?

How much lift and what size tires???

Looks great!

Thanks!
I do have storage in the rear - I have the SE7 model but I have removed the two rear jump seats. I then built an elevated false floor and have two plastic boxes that fit underneath. I can store tools, recovery gear and the like inthe boxes and then still give Oliver the dog a place to hang out:elkgrin:
There is a pic of it around here somewhere from the original rear storage thread, I'll look for it.

The sliders are custom, stainless steel, made by the previous owner. They work well and will hold the weight of the truck.

I've got the OME HD springs on the front and 2-3", can't remember, spacers under the SLS airbags in the rear for an overall lift between 2-3 inches. I need to measure again to see exactly what it is.

16" rims with 265/75/R16 Yokohama Geolander AT+II tires

I'll send you a pm on the rims...

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
FourByLand said:
I am In Tucson and have been for the past 4 years with the Air Force, Hanson I believe I am right around the corner from you. I am looking forward to the next outting!!!

Thanks for the kudos!

Hey Louis, it's Jeff from the Land Rover club. Love the new Disco - do you still have the Series?

Hope to see you soon (can't get to the meetings too often as I work nights).

Take care,

jeff

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Jeff, we passed you on Grant the other day and I was really impressed with your rig, I still have the series and hope to start a mod thread on it pretty soon, hope you can make it to the next get together and I can crawl around your truck!
:ar15:

Brian- Oliver looks like a pretty sweet companion, did you build the shelf out of wood? Did you carpet it? What shocks did you go with? Wouldnt mind seeing those pics of you got them!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Louis, I really dig the new LR. It looks so cool with the blacked out wheels, the paint color and those tinted windows. Is it my imagination, or is this Kent green a rare color to see in these parts? Anyway, super cool rig and I hope to meet up with you for a trip sometime soon since I am in AZ too.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Thanks Louis & Graham for the links to recovery points.

The SG Hoist Rings are only rated to 5000lbs? That sounds scary for a recovery point, double line pull can easily be over twice that... what am I missing?
I found the ones Louis referenced at expeditionexchange.com plus the ones Desertdude has on the front of his ARB bumper w/ backing plates... sounds much safer.

Sorry for the thread hijack on this- hehe. Back to the buildup!

blupaddler

Conspirator
Louis

Congrats on the new rig!!! I really like the look of those LR's.

Quick question about your rims...How did you color them? Did you have them powdercoated?

THX..
:clapsmile

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
4Lo- No problem!

SWR- I know, I know I miss Bluerunner too, but she went the way of the dinosaurs and well R.I.P.

BT- Thanks for the compliments, hopefully we can all get together and do some local trails in the not so distant future.

Blupad- Thanks, I decided to just spray can them because they aren't deep dish rims and I figured they would just get scratched up anyway, so I did light sanding and then just gave them several coats. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Louis,
How about mounting a solenoid on the CDL shaft? That way you can just feed a wire to a dash switch and forego the drilling and booty-fab linkage...

I am sure a good solenoid will be just as reliable for this application as the mechanical linkage (very clever writeup on discoweb, btw! nice link-). just an idea

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I guess I like this idea better is because there are no electrical connections to rely on and if I put a nice knob on there it will look alot cleaner and it's not going to be a show truck, myself and a few other will see the inside.

I guess I have just heard of them going out and didn't feel like I could really go wrong with some extensions, nuts and bolts.

:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles