Four By Land's Discovery

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Hello all,

I thought it was only appropriate to change my screen name since I dont have a blue 4runner anymore, I have a 2000 Land Rover Discovery. It is Kent green with solid axles and coils at each corner.

So far I have installed a 2in. RTE lift with OME shocks and new tires.

Mods to come:
-CDL kit
-RTE slimline front bumper
-RTE rear Bumper
-RTE sill guards
-Hannibal or safety devices rack
-Optima dual battery mod
-RTE weld on diff guards
-Safari Snorkel/Axle breathers
-Engle fridge

DSC04305.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Louis,

I really like the color of the Disco with the black wheels. Very sweet.

On your other mods, I would highly recommend the CDL as one of the first changes. That was one of the first modifications done to my Disco II (2001).

Great idea on the bumpers too. My front and rear bumpers saw many scrapes even with the 265's and 2" OME kit.

Cant wait to follow the build! :lurk:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Looks great Louis!

Your new Discovery..........

Is almost as Kewl as your new screen name!...........:cool:....... :sombrero:......... :shakin:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
HAHA, thanks Mark!

How is the 4runner treating you?

Scott, the tires are 275x65 and they are so quiet.

The cdl mod will be next for sure, I will probably mouth the linkage through the center console so i dont have to get out and I wont have to worry about the actuator or wires getting torn due to the elements.

Scott Brady

Founder
FourByLand said:
HAHA, thanks Mark!

How is the 4runner treating you?

Scott, the tires are 275x65 and they are so quiet.

The cdl mod will be next for sure, I will probably mouth the linkage through the center console so i dont have to get out and I wont have to worry about the actuator or wires getting torn due to the elements.

Good idea.

I have also heard of the 2004 Shifters with cable being successful too.

Having seen a few actuators fail to engage, the mechanical arrangement would be best IMHO.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Yeah, just to many chances for something to go wrong with the electrical ones so I cancelled them out, and the the 04' I hear is pretty much a direct drop in so I will do a bit more research and those will be my options.

The 04' will definatley keep the stock look but so much of this vehicle will change from stock form (tastefully) that I don't think it will really matter.

DSC02457-1.jpg

Last edited:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I am In Tucson and have been for the past 4 years with the Air Force, Hanson I believe I am right around the corner from you. I am looking forward to the next outting!!!

Thanks for the kudos!

Scott Brady

Founder
I was a firefighter USAF, in Mtn. Home, ID. Joining the USAF is a decision I have never regretted.

I think we might me able to put together a little run soon. I need to go to Tucson in the next few weeks.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Louis...beautiful Rover! I also love the color.

I really have a thing for Rovers lately. Just yesterday i stopped at a lot that had an 04 HSE 46K miles with ARB/winch, roofrack full of Hella's and alot of other nice gear. The salesman said he JUST sold it to a gent in VA on Ebay.

I'v been shopping for a Grand Cherokee for the wife, i may have to get her into a Rover. ;) :p

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Thanks John,

If it's for your wife I would imagine she might like the grand cherokee better as alot of people can't get used to the school bus feel, I personally love it and the curve of the steering wheel is perfect.

I would definatley recommend doing some research on them and maybe even talking to a few mechanics before making your final decision.

Scott, How long where you enlisted, also that would be pretty cool if something worked out and we could do a run!

I have benefitted tremendously from serving in the AF and don't regret it at all, but at the same time I am ready to embark on a new adventure and watch sunsets fall on new horizons!

Scott Brady

Founder
FourByLand said:
Scott, How long where you enlisted, also that would be pretty cool if something worked out and we could do a run!

4 Years, with 6 months in Italy. GI Bill, VA Load and my degrees paid for. I loved being a fireman (my grandfather and father was) too.

Consider the run a go. I will post details in the next few days.

Regarding the GC vs. LR. Both are great machines. For what it is worth, Stephanie LOVED our 2001 DII. She often reminds me of that too. :littlefriend: So it is quite likely one will be in our future at some point...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles