2 wheeled equivelents?

motoexplorer

Please excuse my ignorance....But those seem like the rider would be leaning forward quite a bit. Dont your arms and wrists get tired supporting all of your upper body weight? Maybe I used the wrong cars as examples, or perhaps we have a different perception of the word "fast".

A couple of weeks ago Carrie and I took the Tacoma up to Canyon De Chelly. The truck ran just fine but we had quite a head wind so the cruise control had a hard time holding 75mph without downshifting. It was tiring to deal with the engine having to wind out all of the time. In my perfect world, this perfect bike would be able to sustain 75-80 mph with Carrie and I and our overnight or long weekend luggage.

As an aside, I sat on the Yamaha V-Star 1300 and it seemed to fit me pretty good.

REX

Rex, after looking back through your earlier posts, I think what you want is a cruiser like the Vstar.

When you said 6 series and 350Z, a cruiser is not what popped into my head. I'm a sportbike / dirtbike guy so I'm biased that way. My bad.

However the bikes I listed would have an upright riding position. A slight forward lean. Indeed some pressure on your arms/wrists. I would also tell you that a cruiser with its feet forward riding position has a tendency to put pressure on your lower back / tail bone. It's always a compromise.

Buy what appeals to you.

Harley bashers need to get a grip. Harley makes nice motorcycles. The new touring models I think are nice refined touring bikes.

You will quickly outgrow a TW200. Start off with a DRZ400S instead.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
I have several friends on TW's who ride with our Adventire Group.

They go everywhere we go and some of them have even gone across the US on them. They can't run the Interstate with us but have no problem keeping up at 65 mph.

If you want an economical first time bike that won't hurt to drop, the TW may be what you want.

I ride a KLR and have no problem with going across the US on the Intestate.
Sure the 650 is maxed out at 80mph loaded. But, I don't do that much of that kind of riding to justify a bigger bike. Although I do have a Ducati 900 Elefant, but don't ride it much. It's just not my favorite!

The TW or any bike will be fun, as long as you enjoy riding.

Course my Motorhome make me happy. Just in a different way.

Go get what you want, learn to enjoy the ride and enjoy life.
You only get one shot at it. AFAIK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94