KTM 950 Adventure: Expeditions West builds an ADV

Scott Brady

Founder
Suitability of a top box is entirely dependent on the terrain riden and experience of the rider.

I use soft luggage on the dirt, hard luggage on fire roads and tarmac.

I need to get the KTM fired up again or buy something new. . .

Jim1960

Observer
Suitability of a top box is entirely dependent on the terrain riden and experience of the rider.

I use soft luggage on the dirt, hard luggage on fire roads and tarmac.

I need to get the KTM fired up again or buy something new. . .

It's not so much of a suitability issue, as it is a injury mitigation issue for me. It's just scares my lower spine to death knowing a large metal box or anything else may come between me and the hood of a car who forgot to put on his brakes.

If you get the chance try my set up. You'll find it makes the bike ride much more stable in rough terrain with the added bonus of more stability in high winds.

Scott Brady

Founder
Oh, nothing wrong with it. I am just feeling the love for something newer and nastier. . .

KTM_690_Adventure_2007_15_1024x768.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Oh, nothing wrong with it. I am just feeling the love for something newer and nastier. . .

Scott, we need to get together this winter -- before you buy anything.

You need to take the Husaberg for a spin. This thing is as much of a 'Scotty' bike as your 950 is -- except this one only weighs 248 pounds. :bike_rider:

805gregg

Adventurer
Currently Vince,( No fumar espanol) on ADV is heading to Brazil from San Diego, (he's on 950), he says a few times he wishes he had a smaller like under 300 lb 250cc bike. Food for thought.

deadly99

Explorer
Ya but small bikes means a worse ride while distance riding. Wind and ergo's come into play bigtime when your on a long trip. The 950 is a very good compromise, excellent for touring yet nimble enough to have some offroad fun. Just my two cents and I am biased as I ride a 950 :ylsmoke:

2870777_l.jpg

deadly99

Explorer

KTM_690_Adventure_2007_15_1024x768.jpg

Quite a few of these for sale at the moment because of the ASO rule to 450's. Reliability and parts availability may be an issue but who cares when your bike is that freaking sweet :drool:

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
where do you find these for sale? comon' Scott lets get a deal on a pair of two rally's..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94