Kitchen Kit/Chuck Box

jerdog53

Explorer
That is a practical box, something you made? Or a commercially made unit? Would love some more details on that.

My chuck box, built by an outfit called Kamp Kitchn:
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26377&d=1236241276

Shown sitting on top of my old "chuck box" which was just an old military plastic container filled with our food needs in no particular order. I've just about got the Kamp Kitchen setup to eliminate the other box.

I bought that box years ago from Cabela's, it has a sticker on the inside that says Campers Kitchen San Antonio Tx but a Google search turned up nothing.

:chef:

jerdog53

Explorer
The box is 13"x13"x21" and looks like this closed up

DSC02110.jpg

Lid open

DSC02111.jpg

Sides

DSC02112.jpg

the only sticker it came with

DSC02113.jpg

and a few more

DSC02114.jpg

:chef:

DSC02115.jpg

:coffeedrink:

DSC02116.jpg

:chowtime:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Thanks for the pics :cool: That would be a perfect compliment to my box. I've been trying to find any reference to "Campers' Kitchen" online, nothing yet. Thanks though!

lowenbrau

Explorer
I was getting ready to build a chuck box when I found the Campmate Organizer

All in all, its has worked out pretty well for me and was pretty inexpensive. It was a little hard to open a few weeks ago in way below freezing weather.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Kurt I have a campers kitchen for you. I'll post pictures tomorrow.:victory:

My interest is piqued :D

I was getting ready to build a chuck box when I found the Campmate Organizer

All in all, its has worked out pretty well for me and was pretty inexpensive. It was a little hard to open a few weeks ago in way below freezing weather.

LOL, I tried to get one of those too, sold out everywhere at the time. In face an ExPo'er was going to sell me a used one but it ended up having a slightly broken lid as I recall. Glad you like it!

lowenbrau

Explorer
Bigger pics are needed.
That is a pretty cool store bought box.

I'll have to remember to snap some photos of mine next time it is out.

76433.jpg

They seem to have vanished into thin air. Ratpuke bought mine from SIR just before they got bought by Cabella's

TheRoadie

Explorer
They seem to have vanished into thin air.
Cabelas had a closeout sale on them last July. I got one for $75 shipped, and people who ordered them 1-2 days later were told they had run out and the orders were cancelled. If I found or fabricated legs for it so it was freestanding, I'm sure I'd find it more useful than the way it currently needs to consume a lot of portable table space.

datoy

Adventurer
Here is a link to my Kitchen in a box: http://www.myfjcruiser.org/1220

I have been using this system for 30 years and it works great for me. I use my expedition trailer as a utility trailer when we are home so all the gear needs to be stowed in the shed.

p3118379.jpg

66LV

Observer
Here are a couple of pictures of my campers kitchen. I bought it about 1984 so the towel and utensil racks are metal.

Attachments

• camper kitchen 1.jpg
    camper kitchen 1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,428

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles