Unimog camper build

4x4 explorer

Observer
Thought some of you might be interested in a DIY camper build on a 1300 platform. Winter in the midwest will slow me down somewhat as the part ot the shop building the truck fits in is un-heated. Goal is MWMF and Calico in 2009.

Attachments

• unimog camper 043 (Small).jpg
    unimog camper 043 (Small).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:

4x4 explorer

Observer
Yes, Mogfest. Was there two years ago and really enjoyed the event, Great bunch of people. Didn't have the truck to where I felt comfortable driving it that far from Illinois.

4x4 explorer

Observer
FJC..
Joe O'Bremski is who I went to Mogfest with. Alan hooked me up with Joe. I flew out to Vegas and they took me with them to Calico. It was a great trip, especially riding with Joe and his wife on the trails. Great bunch out there, I would highly recommend the event to anyone. Alan does a excellent job of herding cats, er I mean Mog participants.
Evan...
Hope you'll drop in when your in Peoria.

kjp1969

Explorer
4x4 explorer said:
Thought some of you might be interested in a DIY camper build on a 1300 platform. Winter in the midwest will slow me down somewhat as the part ot the shop building the truck fits in is un-heated. Goal is MWMF and Calico in 2009.

It would be impossible for you to post too many photos of your buildup.:chowtime:

4x4 explorer

Observer
I'd be glad to post more pictures, but don't want to hog site. If you have an interest in some specific part of the project I believe in sharing information. That's what's great about sites like this. This is a one off build for myself, with no intention to ever build others for sale, so there is no secrets. I've done all the design and most of the fabrication myself. There are many good sources out there, who have done it themselves and actually used their creation, so you don't have to re-invent the wheel. You pick what you like and what you think will work for you. Cost and quality are my biggest concerns.

4x4 explorer

Observer
Here are a few more pictures of truck interior and back of camper box. The rear structure will incorporate a hoist and rack to carry a KTM 640 Adventure motorcycle.

Attachments

• unimog camper 042 (Small).jpg
    unimog camper 042 (Small).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 353
  • unimog interior 010 (Small).jpg
    unimog interior 010 (Small).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 286
  • unimog interior 009 (Small).jpg
    unimog interior 009 (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 357

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Nice rig, I'm in the process of building my camper on the back of my F-700 4x4. It is going to be mostly aluminum and I have a pile of stuff for it already, if you don't mind sharing a few pictures of the camper construction that would be appreciated, everybody seems to have some good ideas. It's easy to change something rather than modify later.

Thanks,
Mark
mark@liteindustries.ca

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
4x4 explorer said:
I'd be glad to post more pictures, but don't want to hog site.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see a detailed step-by-step.
Keep the pics coming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior