Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 4runner Sport Build

Default 2000 4runner Sport Build

Up to date details can be found at http://wwww.blankwhitepage.com/autom...toyota-4runner

After over 2 years of looking I finally purchased a 3rd gen 4runner to replace my 96 Jeep ZJ.

2000 4runner Sport
    5 speed
    84k miles
    Black w/ gray interior
    Moonroof

I really can't stand beige interiors so that ruled out "expedition white" as an exterior color, hopefully the black paint won't take too much of a beating.

The truck is in very good condition with just a few minor dings to the paint and a small split in the dashboard. It came with all of the owners manuals, floor mats, and the cargo cover in the rear. I had it checked out by the Toyota dealership and the only things they could find are that it needs new wiper blades and is slightly out of alignment.

- Matt
    Last edited by slomatt; 04-27-2010 at 06:11 AM.

The black will take a beating with brush rash. My black 4runner did. It's black.

Good luck with the build.
    2010 Toyota 4runner TE
    2002 Toyota 4runner - Sold
    SmallFrye-Travels

It's good to see another 3rd gen 4Runner on the board!

Might I recommend a set of Husky liners to protect your carpet? I love mine, it's not uncommon for them to have standing water during the winter months!
    Stephen Hawkins - KE7BKG

2000 4Runner Limited | 1997 4Runner SR5 (RIP) | 1991 4Runner SR5 (5VZ-FE Swap) | 1986 Corolla AE86 GTS (Toy) | 2006 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Power Stroke

Stock on the way back from Kirkwood.

SS 1.2 lift with stock tires. It's pretty tall at this point since I don't have sliders yet.

SS 1.2 with 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns

SW Portland OR... or as far away from civilization as time and money allow
    Nice truck mate, I love the 3rd Gen's, 5spd + 3.4(???)... again, nice truck, can't wait to see the build.

Cheers

Dave
    *EMS/Fire/Rescue/Winderness EMS guy... it comes in handy from time to time.*
    - 95 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Limited: Project "4Rescue2" underway
    *1KZ-TE Diesel, SAS, OME Rear Leaf suspension conversion, Custom Armor... I'm going grey faster then this truck is getting finished.
    - 89 Toyota 4Runner dubbed "Project 4Rescue": Rafting/Exploration rig, Rescue rig, daily driver, Home away from home...
    *22RE 5spd. OME suspension, 33x10.50 BFG At's, Marlin Armor, 389K miles

Looks like a fun build.

Four Wheel Camper - The TARDIS
    Motorcycle - SETO

Trip Reports - Travels with Hadley

-Nathanael
    Large Format Landscape Photography
    www.KuenzliPhotography.com

As much as I don't like my runner boards on my 98, they keep a lot of crap off the side as I'm sure you noticed this winter.

The stock mudflaps keep a lot of crud off of the side in my Tacoma. I remember getting pissed at the running boards on my 4Runner every time it dirtied up my pants!
    •UZJ100 •

I got a great deal on a used ARB Prado bumper ($150) which solved the problem I was having deciding how to mount lights and better front tow points to the stock bumper. ARB never made an official bumper for the 3rd gen 4runner but both the Tacoma and the Prado bumpers fit. The Tacoma bumper is narrower (~68") and fits a little tighter, the Prado bumper is wider (~72") so that it protects the sport/limited flares better but has some gaps along the body line. These gaps are not a major issue and I'll be covering them with plastic panels at some point.

To install the bumper on a 1999+ 4runner you have to cut the ends off of the frame horns. I used a 4" grinder, but it would have been much easier with a reciprocating saw and a short blade. The ends can be welded back into place if I ever want to re-install the stock bumper. I ended up re-drilling the mounting holes to position the bumper as close to the body as possible and so that there is 1/2" of gap to allow the frame to flex.

There are a ton of pictures at the following link, here are some highlights:
    http://www.blankwhitepage.com/gallery/t4r_arb_prado

Stock "big mouth" sport bumper.

Ends cut off of the frame horns.

Mounting brackets bolted to the frame.

ARB installed.

Here's the gap, it will be covered by a plastic sheet. The bumper wings extend a bit past the flares and I might trim them flush at some point.

Next up... rock sliders.

- Matt

Your 99 is coming right along nicely. I wish I could get your old bumper but shipping to Ohio would suck.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast