Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Wyoming Members

Default Any Wyoming Members

I'm gearing up for next summer.

We have run most stuff up in the Beartooths (north wyoming) this last summer in our Jeep Commander.

We will probably spend next summer up in the Big Horns.

Just looking for some better trails to run.

So far the best trail we have run is Morrison Jeep Trial. its 22 miles of hard terrain. you can do it in about 9 hours. but next summer we will camp along the trail.

Thanks

Ross

a few pictures of our commander

kcowyo is offline Expedition Portal Moderator ExPo Original
    Nice looking Commander, cowboy.

I've heard of the Morrison Jeep trail. Supposedly it's a real SOB, even though the scenery is supposed to be outstanding. On my two attempts up the Goose Lake trail, I was turned back by snowdrifts. Need to try it closer to August or September, next time.

I would also like to find the trail above Deep Lake, near Clark. Any time spent around Sunlight Basin, is a good time. And I love Cody, we spend several 3 day weekends a year in town. In the early 90's, I spent some very memorable summers working on a ranch out on the northfork. I shoulda bought property in Wapiti back then...

Hope you have a good winter. We'll be in town next Spring.

'97 Toyota T100 - some stuff and some stories....
    '89 Toyota FJ62 - fractal cruising

currently listening to - Michael Kiwanuka "Home Again"
    recommended reading - Dead Run by Dan Schultz

Ross - congratulations on the nice rig. KC and I both live in Lander. Thanks for the intel on the Morrison Jeep Trail. It's on my "to do" list next summer. A group of us intended to do it last year but ran out of time after riding (quads) in Sunlight Basin and around Cooke City. We have plenty of good riding/Jeeping around here. Lander benefits from easy access to both the high desert and the Wind River Mountains. My other 2009 trip ideas include the Continental Divide Mountain Bike Route through Wyoming (bought the maps) and a trip to Kirwin. Best regards, ELN.

cool. i forgot i had posted this.

give us a call sometime if you are up here. i'm planning on goose creek again this summer. probably in August. we were up there in july and had to winch through drifts. then finally the road was buried under 4' of snow.

morrison is a blast. next time i'll start in Clark and go to the top. the scenery is awesome. and its one of the few trails you don't have to turn back when you get to the end.

I hate these side hill snow situations, don't you?
    Pskhaat (Scott)
    FZJ80 über rare "Geen", cloth'd & locked
    UZJ100 "Purple Pupilator"

Nice set up. I wish I could help but when in WY I hang out mostly in Glendo
    '92 Range Rover

Default Big horns

I see where someone wants to go to
    Big Horns. I live in Big Horn South of
    Sheridan if I can give any help let me
    know.

Craig

I am in Kemmerer, pretty boring around here but there are miles and miles of blm and forest trails around that could be linked for pretty much endless tracks if anyone is interested. I would be glad to give a few suggestions.

I guess I shouldn't say it is boring... I just grew up here and have done most of the local trails a bunch of times. It is all relative I guess.

kcowyo is offline Expedition Portal Moderator ExPo Original
    One of my favorite trails in WY starts near Kemmerer, the Greys River road. Love following the river up to Alpine.

A close friend of mine has a cabin on Commissary Ridge. Nice area. I've camped on Viva Naughton as well. I've always enjoyed my time over towards Kemmerer. Guess you're right, it is all relative.

Welcome To ExPo -
    '97 Toyota T100 - some stuff and some stories....
    '89 Toyota FJ62 - fractal cruising

currently listening to - Michael Kiwanuka "Home Again"
    recommended reading - Dead Run by Dan Schultz

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast