Snorkel for 3rd Gen

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
So in short the, the power antenna can be retained on the 3rd gen.? I'm certain it can as there are quite a few that have hem and I know Neliconcept would not be without a power antenna (that's just how we roll).

Aaron

Bighead

Adventurer
That's what I understood Aaron. What I don't understand is if it is just flipping the motor around in the wheel well or tweaking the mounting bracket.

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
The install on my '01 was pretty straightforward using a stock Taco intake tube. I didn't have to rotate the power antenna motor and it still functions properly.

DSC05232.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I'm kidding thought the color did remind me of fruit loops thus the "fruity" comment. I've often wondered where such nice ano peices of AL come from. I recall seeing a slick set of ano AL that some guy had on a D90 and were made to be limb lifters. Anyhow send me the link when you get a moment.

Aaron

offroad_nomad

Adventurer

JoeTRD

Anyone have picturesof how the snorkel is connected inside the engine compartment?

its a hose clamp that goes around a rubber fitting. Seals tight I'd imagine.

I have the snorkel aven't installed yet though.

The insturctions they give are useless. The vital part is the cut and the diagram they have to show wher eto align the template is useless.

Little black and white picture that you can barely see where the template lines up to.

I've emailed them hoping for a reply back soon.
Unless someone on here has some info?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz