Long road to nowhere.

BOPOH

Explorer
20160611_190940_zpsxgwx9jyx.jpg

20160611_175832_zpshmslc20m.jpg

grogie

Like to Camp
The back roads of Indiana on a hot, humid afternoon.

axt00.jpg

This was crossing central Wyoming last summer. I was stopped along this route by a guy who looked like a mountain man, driving a dusty old FJ, and I'm sure a six-gun on his hip. He was looking for gas for a flatty further up the road, and hearing that I didn't have a gas can, he then sighed, and said that he was then headed to town which was a good hour away. I noted to my wife to bring a gas can for old 4x4s that obviously don't have working gas gages. (haha)

178tS4.jpg

Valley of the Gods, Utah, after rain had fallen for the previous two days. The sandy red clay was sticky, but my MT/Rs slung it well. It was a beautiful area and I think about it often!

NOJpSW.jpg

This was on Drummong Island in the Michigan UP... which I about needed a boat in places. And serioulsy, there are a lot of roads that go nowhere and the maps are often useless. In once case, I was driving down a trail that I thought looked familure on my way to find civiliation (or at least a fairy back to the mainland). My wife insisted that we had not driven it, when after driven down what looked like a canel through a marsh where my tires were spinning through it I said, "I think you're right!" My Lord, the trail was getting even worse, so I had to do a 10 point turn to get the Jeep turned around, and powered back down the canel.

fixb.jpg

The canels were like this.

hqp3.jpg

And this! Drummond Island is a must visit when close to the UP!

54ka.jpg

Pathfinder

Adventurer
Spent a few days in Ontario photographing owls, but had to get some folks hung up in the snow first - drifts to 3 feet plus.

Jeep -

Lens%20stuck%20Jeep%201317-1317-X2.jpg

And then the group's leader in an Explorer

Kevins%20stuck%20Explorer%201322--X2.jpg

I pulled out the Jeep and the Jeep pulled out the Explorer . Hurray for my 4Runner shod with Blizzaks.

We did find the snowy owls finally

Friar%20Tuck%20Take%20Off%20-6652-X2.jpg

Ontario%20sunset%20-1438-X3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior