Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: FG's in Action

Default FG's in Action

Hi Guys. I'm hoping that the moderators will see fit to make this a "sticky" thread if it takes off. Some of the pics that have come out from Tony and Michael recently prompted me to maybe start a thread just for FG's in action rather than just putting them in the "camper examples" thread. Not necessarily doing radical offroad things but maybe showing FG's with awesome scenery or just good photography. I know Bajaroad had some good pics awhile back too, That sort of thing.

Up to the moderators but I'm going to try and kick it off anyway and see what they think.

Of course, these I have transfered over on behalf of FGcrazy. Hope that's OK Tony. Should have done this to start with.

The Oonadatta Track. On top of the silos at an old rail siding, SA.

The Flinders Ranges, SA

At the Mitchell river crossing on the way through Kondapriga Station QLD

Cypress Crossing, Cape York.

Here's a 1957 FG (not really) barging off Waldron Island in the San Juans.

Jeffrey

Default Ow Ow

Quote Originally Posted by jhrodd
    Here's a 1957 FG (not really) barging off Waldron Island in the San Juans.

I want one. Can Santa get it down the chimney?

Jim
    Crisco: F650 Dakar, Fat in the can
    Trixie: Norton 850 Commando

I got these lines in my face trying to straighten out the wrinkles in my life
    Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs just need to get used to it
    There is always a moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in
    At its core, adventure is the willingness to commit to an uncertain outcome with and open heart and mind

Someone has put a MB 5cyl 617 diesel in one of those and a Trillium camper on the back. Nice unit.

I know this is off topic, but a Forward Control Jeep is pretty close to an FG:

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=123204

It's the build thread on the vehicle I mentioned above.

SW Portland OR... or as far away from civilization as time and money allow
    Dude, I'm pretty sure we've been to exactly the same wheeling places/same trips in OZ cause all of thsoe pics look REAL familliar (espescialy Frasier adn the Flinders Range ones)... Great pics and just another thread that makes me REALLY miss OZ.

Cheers

Dave
    *EMS/Fire/Rescue/Winderness EMS guy... it comes in handy from time to time.*
    - 95 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Limited: Project "4Rescue2" underway
    *1KZ-TE Diesel, SAS, OME Rear Leaf suspension conversion, Custom Armor... I'm going grey faster then this truck is getting finished.
    - 89 Toyota 4Runner dubbed "Project 4Rescue": Rafting/Exploration rig, Rescue rig, daily driver, Home away from home...
    *22RE 5spd. OME suspension, 33x10.50 BFG At's, Marlin Armor, 389K miles

Not too rare around here although nice ones are hard to come by. I bought 4 of them in the last year for $100, $300, $600, and $2000. The one from Waldron was $600 and runs great with a 292 Chev 6 in it. Here's one that followed me home from Oregon :

Jeffrey

SW Portland OR... or as far away from civilization as time and money allow
    There's an FC right down the street from my old appt. here in Portland. Neat trucks. Still want the FG

Cheers

Dave
    *EMS/Fire/Rescue/Winderness EMS guy... it comes in handy from time to time.*
    - 95 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Limited: Project "4Rescue2" underway
    *1KZ-TE Diesel, SAS, OME Rear Leaf suspension conversion, Custom Armor... I'm going grey faster then this truck is getting finished.
    - 89 Toyota 4Runner dubbed "Project 4Rescue": Rafting/Exploration rig, Rescue rig, daily driver, Home away from home...
    *22RE 5spd. OME suspension, 33x10.50 BFG At's, Marlin Armor, 389K miles

I love the fg's, i've put them through hell and back in all sorts of configs and they always come through. (except for the time i cracked a chassis, bloody 4.5 mm)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast