FG's in Action

IcedVolvo

Observer
Palm Creek is the most southerly crossing. The southern exit can be a challenge especially going south.
It is unlikely that this hire Troopy came down here with the owner's permission.
View attachment 640433
Most crossings have an "alternative" route that is easier. Some have bypasses, so it is possible to see a lot of the OTT without putting yourself or your vehicle at too much risk. And there is some very beautiful country.
We drove up the easier exit from Gunshot Creek with just a bit of a false start. No reason why an FG should not make it up here in this particular year. Just bear in mind that every year these creek exits and entries change.

View attachment 640434
View attachment 640435View attachment 640436
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

hahah lol .. people wont notice but I had to cut out the big pointy rock on the southern side of the entry to Palm otherwise would have hit as you went into the rut ... The real struggle the year we went was Scrubby Creek .. yeah I know .. but it came over the bottom of the windscreen .. that's about 1.8m .. even the tour bus stuffed itself in there .. main problem was getting around some of the exits and entries in a vehicle our size ...

Attachments

• creek.jpg
    creek.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 60

kerry

Expedition Leader
Finally got around to putting together a video from our trip last September:
Very nice video of a great trip. Where did you start? Is that an old uranium mining road? How long did you spend out there? Where did you get your springs done and how much did it cost? I might consider that although the Aeon rubbers improved our ride considerably.

yabanja

Explorer
Kerry,

I rebuilt the spring packs myself in the driveway. I had the new individual main leaves made at AAA spring in Salt Lake. It was about $300. I then used a bunch of new stock take out springs I had gotten from a truck up fitter a few years back to construct the rest of the leaf pack.

It was a two day trip. We were on our way to Canyonlands and had a quick stopover on the way. Hit us up if you are ever out this way and we will take you there!

Allan

kerry

Expedition Leader
Kerry,

I rebuilt the spring packs myself in the driveway. I had the new individual main leaves made at AAA spring in Salt Lake. It was about $300. I then used a bunch of new stock take out springs I had gotten from a truck up fitter a few years back to construct the rest of the leaf pack.

It was a two day trip. We were on our way to Canyonlands and had a quick stopover on the way. Hit us up if you are ever out this way and we will take you there!

Allan
Thanks. I will. We've been at the confluence of the Price and the Green, on the Green river a number of times. I'd like to get a different look at the same area.

kanga1

Observer
Very nice video of a great trip. Where did you start? Is that an old uranium mining road? How long did you spend out there? Where did you get your springs done and how much did it cost? I might consider that although the Aeon rubbers improved our ride considerably.
Hi there, would you happen to know the part number for your Timbren bump stops for the front axle? I'd like to get some for mine, we live in Tasmania and may have to source them from the States.

Bris31

Adventurer

Attachments

• map-australia.jpg
    map-australia.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 5 start heather.jpg
    5 start heather.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 7 heather north.jpg
    7 heather north.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 44a Mt Everard.JPG
    44a Mt Everard.JPG
    431.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 51 movie night.jpg
    51 movie night.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 73a Lake camp.JPG
    73a Lake camp.JPG
    412.2 KB · Views: 34

kerry

Expedition Leader
Hi there, would you happen to know the part number for your Timbren bump stops for the front axle? I'd like to get some for mine, we live in Tasmania and may have to source them from the States.
The Aeon Rubbers thread on here has part numbers. I initially was send the wrong version. I can't remember if I put correct part number in that thread for a 1999 FG US model but I think I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke