FG's in Action

Amesz00

Adventurer
So, Weebles wobble but they DO FALL DOWN?... What the hell is that vehicle doing on its side?

oka's are not known for their great stability. long, soft leaves gives a beautiful ride, but lack of swaybars makes for ******** over turkey if your not careful...

oka boy

Observer
I guess since there are about 9,000,000 Aussies on this thread, it might be a good place to ask if anyone is running the Oka's for expo travel? I looked at shipping one over to Canada about ten years ago. Are they a good rig or a bit finicky? What are the options for power and gear boxes etc? Spares availiable?

Redthies,you have a couple of issues to consider,all Aussie OKA's are RHD,there is a couple LHD in Chile and Germany,easy enough to convert as the LHD panels are available,drivetrain is quite common in the U.S,Dana 60 front Dana 70 rear,Spicer transmission,NP 205 transfer case most gear available off the shelf specially in the U.S,cab panels are available but all these are easy to reproduce by any decent sheetmetal shop,the vehicle is very reliable if you mantained properly,just about all the issues that cause concern been iron out and there is plenty of gear out there to upgrade if you want a bullet proof vehicle and finally I will tell you that most of the people that criticise the OKA never owned one.
Hope this is of some help
Cheers Joe

engineer

Adventurer
Nice Dualcab set up at Daintree river ferry crossing
P1010177.jpg

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Our fg649 2003 on the Bedourie to Birdsville Road. 01/08/2010

Attachments

• 2010 trip week 2 155.jpg
    2010 trip week 2 155.jpg
    972.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Trip%20July%202010%20week%201%20cannon%20450.JPG

Blackdown National Park QLD 4X4 track very steep 1st low range and exhaust brake on. It was our first 4X4 test for the canter , did very well .

engineer

Adventurer
The besser block as Paul likes to call it.....
We made this at Noosa Coach, but it had a bullbar mounted spare when we delivered it.
sc014095de.jpg

gait

Explorer
Near Shillinghurst Regulator on the Murray a few weeks ago. Ranger had a bit of trouble but reckoned "you'll be ok in that".

003Escape.jpg

Exiting Palm Valley last week. Nice to see the chassis twist without breaking the box (I think)!

015Tardis.jpg

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Peter%20Bday%20week%202010%20121.JPG

Station Creek Yuragir National Park NSW

Peter%20Bday%20week%202010%20129.JPG

Climbing out of Staion Creek.
Second attempt it was steeper than it looks.

Peter%20Bday%20week%202010%20174.JPG

Peter%20Bday%20week%202010%20179.JPG

On the way out.

lehel1

Adventurer
our lastest pic's

hello

here are some action pics from the october's overland rally in holister, california where we had great fun learning and putting our rig thru its paces.
the instructers and event were great, highly recomended.

cheers lehel and laura

whopps, pics got loaded under the camper examples tread

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier