FG's in Action

Bris31

Adventurer
Few travels in the last couple of months:

Conondale National Park: (L to R) OKA, Wombat (EC) & FoxRoo
Griffiths Campground (Kroombit National Park)
Kroombit Top NP near Beautiful Betsy crash site (WW2 Liberator bomber): (L to R) Wombat (EC), Frankie & FoxRoo
Murphy Lake early morning fog (near Expedition NP)

Attachments

• OKA at Booloumba 3.jpg
    OKA at Booloumba 3.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Kroombit NP.jpg
    Kroombit NP.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Kroombit Loop Road.jpg
    Kroombit Loop Road.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Murphy Lake - Morning Fog.jpg
    Murphy Lake - Morning Fog.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

fg4oz

Adventurer
Spies discover fellow explorer member mixing with the big boys at Rainbow Beach today.
View attachment 417130
Enjoy Fraser Island guys
Awesome meeting you
Steve

Good to meet you too steve. Had a great time with the unimogs. Dan and his crew from Unidan were awesome. Really interesting trucks too. Our canter went really well on the tracks. Got through Ngala rocks without any issues. I'd say the goodride tyres we put on would be even better than the toyos we had previously on a different truck. The island was very soft but good combination with the parabolic suspension and goodride tyres. We had to drop to 20psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bris31

Adventurer
we crossed the Simpson in May/June with OKA196. Known P&M for quite a few years. Small world! :)

Yes, heard the interesting story from them about broken rear axle near Poeppal Corner and spare coming via challenging K1 line from Birdsville (instead of QAA line :) ).
It is good to hear such stories to gain experience about out back. We too crossed Simpson in May traveling East to West and while comparing notes with them, looks like we all missed each other by one day at Mt Dare. Hopefully our path will cross definitely next time!

gait

Explorer
Yes, heard the interesting story from them about broken rear axle near Poeppal Corner and spare coming via challenging K1 line from Birdsville (instead of QAA line :) ).
It is good to hear such stories to gain experience about out back. We too crossed Simpson in May traveling East to West and while comparing notes with them, looks like we all missed each other by one day at Mt Dare. Hopefully our path will cross definitely next time!

probably. We were on Fraser for 3 weeks a couple of weeks ago.

I've added rooftop satphone aerial and an email account for short messages to help the emergency communications. The 5m telescopic pole with 4G wifi modem on top worked on both coasts of Fraser - flexible campsite booking!

Ngkala Rocks bypass was a bit cruisy at 20 psi. :)

Tourboy

Observer
Some pics from the Kimberley trip

Just a few of the shots from the East Coast to the West coast of Oz

Attachments

• $_20[1] (8).jpg
    $_20[1] (8).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 55
  • $_20[1] (6).jpg
    $_20[1] (6).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 59
  • $_20[1] (7).jpg
    $_20[1] (7).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 62
  • $_20[1].jpg
    $_20[1].jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 60

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Good to meet you too steve. Had a great time with the unimogs. Dan and his crew from Unidan were awesome. Really interesting trucks too. Our canter went really well on the tracks. Got through Ngala rocks without any issues. I'd say the goodride tyres we put on would be even better than the toyos we had previously on a different truck. The island was very soft but good combination with the parabolic suspension and goodride tyres. We had to drop to 20psi.

Awesome Ben....yep really good to catch up. I am pleased to hear the tyre and parabolic combo went well. We will have to strongly consider the Good Rides. I wonder if ATW still have a presence in WA.

Do you or the Mogs have any height issues? I remember another Amesz truck we know saying that it got a bit tight up through the central tracks.

Bris31

Adventurer
probably. We were on Fraser for 3 weeks a couple of weeks ago.

I've added rooftop satphone aerial and an email account for short messages to help the emergency communications. The 5m telescopic pole with 4G wifi modem on top worked on both coasts of Fraser - flexible campsite booking!

Ngkala Rocks bypass was a bit cruisy at 20 psi. :)

That's good and very practical setup. Now it gives me some incentive to set up external antenna for our Thuraya satphone :)

BTW, with Frankie & Wombat we are going on 2 weeks trip from 23rd Sep to Kwaimbal, Girraween & Sundown National Parks. Let us know if you are in the area.

fg4oz

Adventurer
Action shot at Ngkala Rocks on Fraser Island. Photo by Mike Turgoose.

Snapseed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94