FG's in Action

lbarcher

Adventurer
At the risk of coming off like an enviro nut, Playing in rivers up here can get you some substantial
fines. There are people watching for this. Sure, we need to cross rivers now and then but
driving up or down them has got some people in hot water.

kerry

Expedition Leader
How does carrying the bikes on the front work out? I've got a mount for a rack and a rack but never actually carried the bikes on a trip.

yabanja

Explorer
Eviromental Care

At the risk of coming off like an enviro nut, Playing in rivers up here can get you some substantial
fines. There are people watching for this. Sure, we need to cross rivers now and then but
driving up or down them has got some people in hot water.

I appreciate your concern, and share it. In this instance, we crossed the river at the established ford to a marked trailhead. No additional tomfoolery.

Take care!

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
How does carrying the bikes on the front work out? I've got a mount for a rack and a rack but never actually carried the bikes on a trip.

I love it. There is plenty of clearance, and you can tell if there is a problem that needs to be addressed with them before they fall off. There are bugs of course(assuming you achieve speeds that would kill a bug) but it is no different than a car roof rack.

Take care,

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
SRW

Allan, how come you changed back from SRW?

We had two wheels fail on the welds about 3 weeks into our 4 months on the road. The US manufacturer was defunct. I ordered a new set of wheels from Goanatracks but they didn't arrive in a timely manner but thankfully I still had the originals so the trip went on! I now have the 17" singles mounted back up for our next trip departure shortly.

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
At risk of flooding this page.

Hmm.....can't believe I was the last to post on this page. Surely there are other people out having adventures? Oh well.... Anyways,We just returned from 7 weeks on the road in our trusty camper FIDO. In that time we traveled 2400 miles almost exclusively on dirt roads. We explored Southern Utah and Central Nevada thoroughly. In Nevada we crossed 18 mountain ranges! Here is a short video I put together highlighting the Utah portion of our trip. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/222129345

skijunkie

That video is pure awesomeness. Echtra and crew misses being there! Gotta go watch it a few more times...

Costume designer... :)

We just returned from 7 weeks on the road in our trusty camper FIDO. In that time we traveled 2400 miles almost exclusively on dirt roads. We explored Southern Utah and Central Nevada thoroughly.

Last edited:

HazMan

Observer
Looks good.

I'm leaving home tomorrow and heading out to Birdsville for our Simpson Desert trip.

What was your fuel economy like?

gait

Explorer
average about 21 litres/100km between Mt Dare and Birdsville. Rig Road, Knolls Track, French Line, QAA Line.

We had 4 weeks in the desert. Fascinating place.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Thanks. Love your videos. Can anyone explain why I can watch youtube videos running continuously but Vimeo videos are always jumpy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier