Camel Trophy

Shoogs

Shoogs
In 3 weeks time, I will be heading to Madagascar to live and work for a few years...

Might have to take my Camel with me. After all it was the scene of an epic Trophy, albeit with Range Rovers...

Attachments

• Camel on CSR.jpg
    Camel on CSR.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Team.RGP

In 3 weeks time, I will be heading to Madagascar to live and work for a few years...

Might have to take my Camel with me. After all it was the scene of an epic Trophy, albeit with Range Rovers...

That would be a clever choice my friend!
Do you have more info about your Defender? Is that a Kalimantan '96 unit?

Shoogs

Shoogs
Support vehicle in Mongolia, 96 build though and used for selections I am lead to believe, original registration was P235 KAC, I am a member of CTOC but they haven't quite got that far through there files etc. to tell me much about it.

I am the third owner, bought off Keith Gott and it was shipped to Zambia in 98, sold again in 2007ish and I bought it in 2011.

Team.RGP

That's a pretty cool story!
Do you also participate in the CTOC forum? I have the same user name over there.

Shoogs

Shoogs
That's a pretty cool story!
Do you also participate in the CTOC forum? I have the same user name over there.

Unfortunately no not a great deal, being in Oz and now Madagascar keeps me away from all the festivities... seems very active though.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Really need to get back onto finishing my Argentina truck, already put some serious work into it as it was rolled during the event...this truck actually did the camel courses 3 times during 94 and 95...

image.jpg

Had all 7 rims repainted and installed with the Michelin off road Tyres

image.jpg

Here is how she looked before it was rescued out of a field in Belize many years ago...and it was even worse when I picked it up...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

But when I picked her up...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Team.RGP

That looks like a massive job...well done! It´s great to see that you saved that 110.
How did it end up in Belize? Do you know more about the history of that truck?

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Does anyone know if the CT110 stolen last week in the UK has been recovered? What a shame.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Does anyone know if the CT110 stolen last week in the UK has been recovered? What a shame.

No news so far. At least on the few forum posts shared... :(

the daily refrain these days seems to be "probably on a ship already..." Kicked my anti-theft schemes into overdrive. You start to see how shayne's logic works...

Kgh

Let’s go already!
You start to see how shayne's logic works...

That right there is some scary stuff! 

Last week, on way to Foley's I overnighted and parked my TDCI 110 with a NTO 130 tub on the roof bars and rear 130 cab panels inside at a hotel in Essex. Was nervous the whole night. Defender thefts are a daily occurance in the UK.

It just sucks that a Camel was stolen. On a ship, stripped, or to a private collection of dubious provenance.

Can we call you DefenderDavis now?

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Defender thefts are a daily occurance in the UK.

It just sucks that a Camel was stolen. On a ship, stripped, or to a private collection of dubious provenance.

Can we call you DefenderDavis now?

Yeah if it isn't stripped whoever has it will likely bury it in a hangar somewhere...

Haha I pondered this question and it may be the only reason I still keep one disco around... Otherwise I'm a misnomer. Nobody's stopping ya ;)

The Rover Shop

Explorer
If you guys are concerned about defender thefts, go to my Facebook page...Theft Defender Solutions... I have a flashing light that can be installed very easily and may be a deterrrent....the brake defender is being revised and into production again soon, and if you have an R380'transmission you will love the new gearshift defender being released any day now......if you have an LT77 tranny I will have one out for that shortly after...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior