Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

D1 D2 Amit

Observer
This one was for sale in Germany last year:

sj410_bobil_1.jpg

More pictures here.

In India these (minus the camper) are very popular. Model is Gypsy :smiley_drive:

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
My 2000 Grand Vitara Limited...

254180297_VAyRS-L.jpg

254180410_RKsgy-L.jpg

And Samurai LWB with the VW 1.9L Turbo Diesel swap...

63521010_ukfYz-L.jpg

73038971_qwiWk-L.jpg

And finally my 89 Honda Transalp...

459328856_v2z6d-L.jpg

460361737_7FuLg-L.jpg

Last edited:

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
Jeff, I'm in love with your LWB. I want one so badly. The Vitara is slick too. Actually, if I could have each of your vehicles I would be very excited. Every manner of getting out in the wild. Did you do the diesel swap yourself? How much time and money did that require? What kind of mileage are you getting?

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Thanks!
Yes, I did all the work myself. Its actually pretty easy. I bought a new crate motor so I have more in it than if you find a used motor. I have about $3500 invested in the swap. It gets right at 32mpg.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
I've had 3 standard Samurais, 1 SJ410, 1 SJ410 LWB, and a SJ413 (Samurai) LWB along with a 4dr Sidekick and 2dr hardtop Tracker - Can you tell I love Samurai's also? When I was VP of Gad Zuks 4x4 Club many many years ago & had a very built Sammy I found out about the LWB models & started my search, ended up buying both of mine through my now buddy Vince (TruckTrader on Pirate4x4.com) because he somehow has a knack for locating and buying hard to find Suzukis - he even had a LWB Samurai truck I wanted to buy but the cab is just way to small for my 6' 3" frame! I'll have to look around & see if I can find any more pics of my old rigs.

I owned this one for a short time, the guy I sold it to cut it up to do a custom flatbed & gave it away to a friend before finishing:
attachment.php

For those that havent seen the factory pickup, this is the one I was going to buy from him but didnt fit in:
attachment.php

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Found some other cool pics.. this is what happens when you dont tread lightly in Guam - it eats your vehicle:

attachment.php

IslandZuks rig on the rocks in Guam - one of my 2 favorite zuks - has 1/4 elliptic rear suspension:

attachment.php

And my favorite zuk: SCWAFish's old LWB rig. Toyota rear axle, All Pro Hybrid front, Toyota transmission & dual toyota t-cases & 37" MTR's:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles