Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
crab what kind of SWR meter do you have?

On the stud were it goes through the mount there should be a small lip were the nylon washer sits to keep the antenna stud isolated from the mount.

No part of the antenna stud can touch the mount or a grounding of the antenna occurs resulting in bad SWR reading.

If your still baffled PM your PH# and I"ll call you.

Brian

crab

On the stud were it goes through the mount there should be a small lip were the nylon washer sits to keep the antenna stud isolated from the mount.

No part of the antenna stud can touch the mount or a grounding of the antenna occurs resulting in bad SWR reading.

Brian

===========================================================================
Thanks for the offer to help, sir.

I hear what you're saying. I don't remember seeing a way to isolate the stud from the mount, but I wasn't looking for one when I screwed it together, now was I? ;)

I'll try to look at it this weekend, but I work all week and we're helping friends work on their house all weekend. I can sleep at work, I guess.

If the radio produces no static or any noise other than the weather band with the squelch down, is it dead?

crab

==================================================================
Nice. So the handheld works ok for you? I don't have to tell you there's precious little space in the Samurai. I'd like to be able to stash it when not around the vehicle. I installed a locking box on the tailgate.

crab

Brian

as far as the SWR meter., I have an Astatic that I bought when I was wondering if the other one I had (a Pace p5403a) was bad, but the readings are the same.

Last edited:

bsteg

bsteg
Nice! Would you tell us the specs? Very interested.

Stock:2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara - 2.7L V6 Automatic, 4x4, transfer case, electronic lockers, ladder frame, power locks/windows, keyless entry

Down Lo: ARB Bumper, w/Smittybilt X2O 10K LB winch & ARB fog lights, 2" Rocky Road lift kit, Fuel Boost wheels, 30" Bridgestone Rugged Terrains, Rocky Road Super Slider rock sliders

Around the Middle:Safari Snorkel, KC LZR LED lights, Galaxy 929 CB peaked and tuned w/Firestyk antennae, Kenwood DNX head unit w/ Garmin NAV, XM, Bluetooth, Rotopax rear spare mounted 72hr preparedness pack

Up Top:Smittybilt Defender 6' rack, Smitty axe/shovel mount, HI-Lift Jack, Browning BR-trucker XM antennae, 4ea Rotopax 3 gal Fuel, 4ea LED spots

Other: Gecko Green Jeep paint, Jeep Wrangler hood louver, tinted windows

Wow, that's a mouthful!

Dake21

Adventurer
Nice. I have everything stock on mine still lol. How is your handling, accelareation and fuel economy is affected since you put the lift on? I would like an extra 2" but since it is my DD I am on the fence for one. My wife and I would like the extra height and clearance since we like to go on the trails during summer.

bsteg

bsteg
Suz2.JPG

Here she is right after the lift, still a daily driver. The 2" spacer lift from Rocky Road was the first mod a made. Local shop put it on in a couple hours, easy peasy. It didn't effect the handling or ride any I could notice. The Bridgestone Rugged Terrain tires looked a little meaner but did not add any road noise. One of the reasons for choosing the GV for an expedition build was ride quality. The jeeps were just to stiff of a ride. My trips are 90% highway and 10% extremely remote offroad, but no 'rock crawling'. Still very much a daily driver and my wife loves to drive it too!

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Love the GV! I would love to find a 2006 (maybe 2007, too?) that had the 4WD and the manual trans. A rarity, but would still be cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles