'06 Xterra 4X4 OR 6spd

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
HTML:
but I was so tired of the salesman and his high-pressure tactics that I just wanted to go home and take a shower under hot running Purel.

Ofcourse after 3 test drives, I am sure he was ready to close the deal.:hehe:

Bergger

Explorer
eurorom said:
Wow! quite the opposite, I think the Xterra frontier have the best handling of any SUV in its class. Have you driven a Xterra lately?:rolleyes:

I totally agree with this. After having the truck for a week and putting 400 miles, road miles, on it I think it handles great. We took it up to Estes Park for the weekend and had two kids and some camping gear in the back and the rear suspension did bottom out a few times. I'm a bit concerned about towing. I'm sure it will bottom out very easy with a few hundred pounds of weight on the hitch. Does anyone have experience with these bump stops from Timbren? Some of the guys on THENEWX.ORG swear by them.

http://www.truckspring.com/timbren-rubber-springs_899.html

I'm thinking of picking a set for the rear.

perterra

Adventurer
bigreen505 said:
At the time a 1990 Pathfinder with about a 2" lift and more miles on it than many people drive in their lifetimes.

I took an exit ramp corner at more than 35 in the Pathfinder without much more than a slight chrirp of the driver side tire. Then did the same thing in the Xterra at 30 and the recovery took up lane and a half (most of my side of the road). Luckily there was no traffic. Think the salesman just about left a puddle. Again, I have no idea if was a tire, spring or shock issue.

Do I remember correctly? I think I remember reading that you can order sway bar dissconnects on some. Could be the reason it handled so poorly.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
perterra said:
Do I remember correctly? I think I remember reading that you can order sway bar dissconnects on some. Could be the reason it handled so poorly.

No you can not order sway bar disconnect on any Nissan product at this time!

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Good to hear it, makes me feel better knowing that it was a misfit and not a norm. I recently blew a shock on the trooper and it exhibited some similar traits, so I will write it off as a fluke.

Bergger

Explorer
eurorom said:
Any coments on low range?:confused:

I have not taken the Xterra 4Wheeling yet but just messing around with it the low gearing, 6 speed MT, seems to be fairly good, better that my auto Tacoma. The crawl ratio is 40:1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier