Africa Water Purification

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
Many pesticides and herbicides can be removed with different filtration methods, but UV won't do anything to those compounds. Same for metals.

Actually I think that while filtration combined with activated charcoal helps, the only way to remove chemicals, pesticides, and heavy metals is by using a reverse osmosis system...anything that is in a solution (I.e. mixed into the water...like salt for example) cannot be filtered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Actually I think that while filtration combined with activated charcoal helps, the only way to remove chemicals, pesticides, and heavy metals is by using a reverse osmosis system...anything that is in a solution (I.e. mixed into the water...like salt for example) cannot be filtered.

When I was at the MSR water lab in Seattle, arguably the most advanced lab of its kind in the US, they were developing a filter for the military that would go in-line on a hydration pack and would remove heavy metals and chemicals.

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
When I was at the MSR water lab in Seattle, arguably the most advanced lab of its kind in the US, they were developing a filter for the military that would go in-line on a hydration pack and would remove heavy metals and chemicals.

Sounds promising...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online