2009 GS800F Dirt Rider web impression

Clutch

<---Pass
This was at the GS Trophy held in Tunisia, Africa.

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/motocross/141_0811_2009_bmw_f800gs_web_impression/index.html

141_0811_02_z+web_impression+2009_bmw_f800gs_jimmy_lewis.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
That sounds about right.

I'm still amused when people think these are big dirt bikes (as the writer mentions). Who would buy a 400+ pound dirt bike that costs upwards of 14K to get out door?!?!?!

It's a fun bike that will run down the freeway faster than you should, and will get you around the back roads and trails just fine, provided you aren't one of the "go-fast" guys (in which case you will want more suspension). I wouldn't hesitate to take one across something like the Trans America Trail, or even RTW....but I'm not one of those previously mentioned folks who have a twitchy right wrist, so my needs are a little different.

End-all / Be-all of adventure bikes? Nope...I don't think that exists. But the 800GS is a damn nice offering.

:bike_rider:

805gregg

Adventurer
That looks like a good price, the ones at my local dealer are more than 13k. It looks like a good bike, I have a friend with one, he likes his and has sold his KLR. The high price, maintenance and cost of aftermarket parts is a deal killer for me, maybe a used one later on. I can do pretty much the same thing on my V-Strom for $6,000 less. I'm hopeing the jap. co's get back into this market.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94