Friend for BMW riders

805gregg

Adventurer
Ok fixed, just for fun not trying to piss anyone off. I always carry a tow strap, for me or someone else.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
The link is still not working....well, it's working, but directing me to a generic "featured videos" page, not to a specific video.

:bike_rider:

Doin_It

Adventurer
I got that beat..........a number of years back we were on a road trip, buddies bike broke down about 55 miles out from where we were going for the night. We both took off our belts, looped the one end to my rack, and he wrapped the other end around close to the center of his bars and held on, we traveled at 50MPH the rest of the way, he only let go once (which unravels the belt and everyone just stops). His bike - one of his old HD shovels.

Doin_It

Adventurer
Nobody said safe...............but we both grew up in Africa, and we've both learnt to get done what you have to, to get her done.

traveltoad

Aaron S
Nobody said safe...............but we both grew up in Africa, and we've both learnt to get done what you have to, to get her done.

Yeah yeah... and I grew up in Vermont where I learned to do what one has to do to get the job done. Regardless of the continent, there are other ways to execute a bike tow more safely using the same equipment.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I've towed plenty of bikes with my GS; although I wouldn't attach the strap to a fork tube....

-H-

Clutch

<---Pass
although I wouldn't attach the strap to a fork tube....

-H-

We try to center it through the triple clamps, then have the person being towed wraps it a few times around the grip, holding the strap, then if there is a problem, the tow-ee lets go and the strap comes loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior