Air Bag vs Jackall

762X39

Explorer
Does anyone with a Mog have any experience with using an airbag to lift their mog when stuck (when we get stuck, all bets are off) to stick sand ladders under the tires etc versus trying to use a highlift (or Jackall if you are a Canuck) or any other kind of jack?
I am pretty sure I want to go the airbag route but require some feedback. I have a baby mog (404) and it only weighs 5 tons so it's not like I'm trying to recover a big Mog.

63tlf8

Observer
Does anyone with a Mog have any experience with using an airbag to lift their mog when stuck

I have a 404 and an airbag placed under the axle is the only way I've found to get a rear wheel off the ground. A hi lift does work on the front wheel if hooked in the wheel centre ring. Put the jack under the bumper or chassis and all you get is coil spring extension in my experience. You probably could get a wheel up with a long enough jack but the MOG would then be too high to be safe.

762X39

Explorer
Which airbag are you using.I know ARB sells one that is rated for 4 tons and probably could give me a bit of lift under a differential.
There seems to be all kinds of them available for rescue and vehicle recovery as well as for lifting buildings.

I have a Matjack 8 ton air bag. it is 4' cubed when inflated . I wish I had a Paratech 13 ton medium pressure (14.5 psi instead of 9) which 40" high, 48" in diameter. They aren't cheap but they can lift a loaded U500.

Charlie

762X39

Explorer
I have a Matjack 8 ton air bag. it is 4' cubed when inflated . I wish I had a Paratech 13 ton medium pressure (14.5 psi instead of 9) which 40" high, 48" in diameter.
Charlie
Thanks, I left a mssg with Matjack for pricing on the 5.8 ton unit that is 36 inches square and 30 inches high. Now I need to sort out an aircompressor to inflate it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior