Volvo TGB 111/303 Camper...WOW

Christian

Adventurer
... Now I have to join you all!
I have been lurking and reading here for months, but when you mention Volvo TGB as an expedition platform I have to join in!

My girlfriend and I bought a TGB 1314 three weeks ago and drove it back to Denmark from Sweden, it had 8.680 original km's on the clock when we started, now it has 8.832, these are some nice old machines!
P1240068.JPG copy.JPG
And this is what our plans look like:
dreammachine web copy.jpg

Great forum btw, we have found tons of inspiration here!

Attachments

• dreammachine ls copy.jpg
    dreammachine ls copy.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 212

M.Bas

Adventurer
Mine has a whopping 60000+ km's on the clock, so it is actually used :smiley_drive: instead of running stationaire 90% of the time.
I was told it previously belonged to the Swedish military museum.

Christian probably knows the seller :D
There weren't much 1314C for sale lately.

Not sure what type of ambulance cabin mine has on the back, I'm still waiting on transport :(
The transport company recently changed the delivery date to next week, or the week after...

Christian

Adventurer
Mine has a whopping 60000+ km's on the clock, so it is actually used :smiley_drive: instead of running stationaire 90% of the time.
I was told it previously belonged to the Swedish military museum.

Christian probably knows the seller :D
There weren't much 1314C for sale lately.

Not sure what type of ambulance cabin mine has on the back, I'm still waiting on transport :(
The transport company recently changed the delivery date to next week, or the week after...

I hope you get it soon!
If you get more details on it I might be able to get some info on it, I'm a member of a swedish TGB forum, and they will probably know.
Whats your plans?

Maybe you can help me, I am looking for a toyota Land Cruiser KZJ7X, we plan to transplant the entire driveline from one, but none were sold here, but I have been told there´s plenty of them in Holland?

M.Bas

Adventurer
I hope you get it soon!
If you get more details on it I might be able to get some info on it, I'm a member of a swedish TGB forum, and they will probably know.
Whats your plans?

Maybe you can help me, I am looking for a toyota Land Cruiser KZJ7X, we plan to transplant the entire driveline from one, but none were sold here, but I have been told there´s plenty of them in Holland?

I know you're a member of the TGB forum. I immediatly recognized the pictures :D

I'm going to convert it into a camper. But I'll be using the standard ambulance box and put a bed, fridge, etc in it. Since I'm traveling alone there is enough room in the back. But because of my length the bed has to be front/rear instead of left/right. In this configuration I loose about half meter of interior space.
But that is a problem I'm going to fix when the TGB is here.

Landcruisers are actually quite expensive here.
Maybe looking for an separate engine/gearbox is cheaper.

The cheapest LC I could find within a couple minutes with a 3.0TD engine costs 6000 euro.

edit: By the way, do you know there are photo's of your truck on the utryckning site?

Last edited:

Christian

Adventurer
I know you're a member of the TGB forum. I immediatly recognized the pictures :D

I'm going to convert it into a camper. But I'll be using the standard ambulance box and put a bed, fridge, etc in it. Since I'm traveling alone there is enough room in the back. But because of my length the bed has to be front/rear instead of left/right. In this configuration I loose about half meter of interior space.
But that is a problem I'm going to fix when the TGB is here.

Landcruisers are actually quite expensive here.
Maybe looking for an separate engine/gearbox is cheaper.

The cheapest LC I could find within a couple minutes with a 3.0TD engine costs 6000 euro.

edit: By the way, do you know there are photo's of your truck on the utryckning site?

We're not using the ambulance box, partly because of its size, partly because it's quite heavy and we want even better insulation and last we like to build stuff!:Mechanic:
But like in this thread there are good examples of campers in the original box, I'm looking forward to seeing your project!

We'll go for the separate parts solution then, I have been looking for a couple of months now without luck...

If it is theese pics I have seen them:
http://www.utryckning.com/orebro/fotoalbum/get_large_photo.php?id=5023

Where did you find yours?

M.Bas

Adventurer
I bought mine from Morgan.

The ambulance box only weighs about 900kg's.
A custom camperbox would be sweet, but mine is going to be a low cost conversion.
At least, thats the plan.

Just some place to sleep, a place to sit, something to cook on, a fridge and maybe a portapotti.
Mine also has the maximum amount of cabinets that were build in from the factory. So quite a lot of storage space.

Christian

Adventurer
Well were planning a loooong trip in a few years, so we want some more comfort.

our plan is:
  • Toyota 1KZ-T engine
  • Michelin XZL 11 /16 tires
  • Camperbox made in Nida-core
  • Webasto furnace w. floor heating
  • Webasto x100 cooktop
  • Thetford toilet
  • compressor fridge
  • onboard computer

And of course a lot of other things. We hope to find a lot of them either used or at a discount, we're on a budget too! But having a few years and building everything ourselves makes a feasable plan, at least to us!
So we hope to upload pics of a 35 year old Volvo in Mongolia, Australia and other places!:safari-rig:

Btw who is Morgan?

Last edited:

M.Bas

Adventurer
Planning to go to the North Cape this summer, so not a lot of time to convert it to a camper.
It is aproximatly a 7000km trip if I go straigth to the North Cape.
But I'm taking some detours in account.
So I'll probably end up driving close to 8000km.
Or a lot less if I decide at some point to not go to the North Cape.

M.Bas

Adventurer
Got the TGB1314C yesterday.

Already fixed some problems like a failing solenoid. And a lot of small things to fix before going to the car inspection for Dutch license plates.

Christian

Adventurer
Congratulations!!! So you are one happy :wings:

Let's see some pics of it then?

We've just bought a KZJ70 in England, I'm going there next sunday to pick it up. That's the source of our drivetrain!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior