Goodyear Announces a new variant of the MT/R

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
They sure do appear directional both in asymmetric and angled tread design. Don't like white out...

jfarsang

Adventurer
Hopefully, they'll last a while.

I just picked up a set. Used the latest rebate and got my local tire shop to price match a dirt cheap store across the country. That put them in my price range.

Will post pics once I get them up. :ylsmoke:

jfarsang

Adventurer
Got the set of 31's. They look and feel very durable.

I was sitting on the fence between these and the DuraTrac's.

Let me tell you, as soon as I felt the DuraTrac sidewall, I laughed out loud in the store.

It's comparable to a road tire. I couldn't believe how soft and pliable it is.

That sealed the deal with the MTR's.

3388310848_e32d13ea47_o.jpg

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
They just look bizarre to me. We have the previous version of MT/R's on the FJ and we love them...I'd buy a set for the 4Runner if they made them in a decent size for a 16 inch rim but they don't...and on these tires (at least the ones we have) having the white out makes a huge difference...the raised white letters stick out almost 1/4 in from the tires and grab and get caught on stuff all the time. Bleh...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hopefully, they'll last a while.

I just picked up a set. Used the latest rebate and got my local tire shop to price match a dirt cheap store across the country. That put them in my price range.

Will post pics once I get them up. :ylsmoke:
$205/tire after rebate for my 285/75-16 (33") set last night.
Ride is comfy, grip on wet roads is great. Trails this weekend.

IMG_0091.jpg

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Yeah, I'm not running white out unless I'm sponsored, no reason for me to pay to advertise for someone else.

Outback

Explorer
Got the set of 31's. They look and feel very durable.

I was sitting on the fence between these and the DuraTrac's.

Let me tell you, as soon as I felt the DuraTrac sidewall, I laughed out loud in the store.

It's comparable to a road tire. I couldn't believe how soft and pliable it is.

That sealed the deal with the MTR's.

3388310848_e32d13ea47_o.jpg

OH great,
I just learned that 4 Wheel Parts Wholesallers in WA ordered the wrong tires. Our techs truck will be sporting the Dura Trac Goodyears . I told them the "NEW" Goodyear MT/Rs with Kevlar. How they got Dura Trac out of that is beyond me. But I will have the MT/Rs on my new work truck in about a month. We go to the same places so it will be interesting to see how well they perform from one truck to the next. The trucks will be really close to identical.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
When I called 4Wheel Parts, they said that they didn't have the new MTR's and couldn't get them yet.
Discount tire got them in 12 hours from the Goodyear warehouse in Atlanta for me and beat web pricing.

IMG_0092.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94