Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

reachdean

Observer
My name is Dean, I live in Toronto, Canada. AS a reformed bike mechanic, I am down to four bikes now. They are....

Devinci Apex road bike - mongrel build with a variety of parts. It gets the job done, but I'm not enough of a road rider to want all the blingyness out there.

IMG_3286.jpg

Devinci Caribou Touring Bike - Got this as a frame and fork, and built up with a spare MTB drivetrain that's a mix of Deore and LX. Brakes are BB5s, with Avid SpeedDial Ti levers. Ordered butterfly bars to get lots of hand positions and an upright posture. Wheels are Mavic 719 hoops laced to WTB Laserdisc hubs. Fitted with racks front and rear (front is a modified rear rack after giving up finding what I wanted). I was also given a custom headbadge for this, which is perhaps one of the best gifts I have ever received.

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

I also have a Trek 7000 that was my first real mountain bike. I used it while working as a mechanic for the 2007 Tour d'Afrique, from Cairo to Cape Town. It's semi retired, but presently fitted with studded Nokians for the occasional winter rip around town.

IMG_3287.jpg

And my current MTB, another Devinci, this one a 2008 Remix 4SL. It's a great bike, I love the way it rides. Haven't found a 29er or 650B that I like as much as this bike.

IMG_3288.jpg

In the corner, you'll see hints at two more bikes, which belong to my girlfriend. One is a Trek hardtail, and the other is a touring bike.

No idea how to get rid of the rotated 2 in 1 photos below. I can't seem to find a delete option in managing the media associated with the post.

Attachments

• IMG_3282.jpg
    IMG_3282.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

libarata

Expedition Leader
0709141251.jpg

She may not be expensive, but she has been mine since the folks assembled her. From the East Coast, to the West Coast. From sun, to -40*s and three feet of snow. Through mud, and sand. She has served me far too easily.

All I have to do now, is lift 'er, and put a few stack on! :roost:

edit

Everything is factory stock, save for the forks(blew the first pair out), tires(4th set?), bottom bracket and pedals(on the third)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles