Ends of the Earth Expedition: Central America

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Subscribed to this thread. Have a good and safe trip all, and keep us posted and send as many pics as you can.

Scott Brady

Founder
Stephanie has started a blog on Overland Journal's site.

group.jpg

Here is the team (we meet other friends, John and Tam in the Yucatan): Dave, Charlie, Anne, Stephanie, Scott (Me), Stacey and James (Trail Monkey)

Scott Brady

Founder
Mazatlan

we left El Fuerte this morning and the single worst rip-off campground in Mexico (25 dollars per vehicle, no working bathrooms and run by a drunk)

Glad to be heading to the beach

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Just goes to show that no matter where you go, there are good people and those who you wish you'd never met. Nothing like distasteful experience to make you appreciate the better side of humankind.

I trust that this will be the extent of your bad experiences of your trek.

Rexsname

Explorer
How has it been thus far living "in" your Jeep instead of "around" your Tacoma? Do you both find that you have enough room? Has cooking outside been OK so far?

:coffee: I am woefully ignorant of the road system there....is the fuel mileage about what you thought it would be, 16-18ish? Modifications you haven't used yet and could live without? Modifications you'll not leave home without?

I'm loving reading about this trip so far, hope you're having the time of your lives :wings:

REX

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I told you I hate pay campsites!

Come on! You got the flip thing and everything!:sombrero:

Have fun....Be Safe!:costumed-smiley-007

Always watch your back!

viatierra

Explorer
I just had to check in on your spot page...
Looks like you are enjoying the hillsides covered in Blue Agave. I'll have to knock back a tequilla shot in honor of your phenominal trip.
:victory:

Vaya con Dios amigo!

Scott Brady

Founder
Today was a beautiful drive, accentuated by the stark transitions in fauna throughout the day. Once we left the coast, and reached Tepic, the terrain was stunning, clearly shifting towards sub-tropical. We came across our first volcano, and then the agave covered hillsides outside of Tequila. Unfortunately, the town of Tequila was just a bit of a disappointment, and most likely the reason very little tourist infrastructure exists here.

We have a great story of finding a place to spend the night, and just proves that a book should never be judged by its cover... :costumed-smiley-007

Oh, and we found a great little local bar, and just finished off a bottle of Arette anejo - perfecto...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier