Page 1 of 235 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

Default Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

Thinking of getting a 1996 3.5V6 Mitsubishi Pajero, here in Australia. Was wondering what they can look like with a little work.

In Canada we find the Aussie forum - http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/ a wealth of information and ideas!
    Currently living with only bikes, boats and boxes here and there..........................

Outerlimits is a great site. POCUK is a great UK owners site as well. In terms of local to this continent, maybe check out my spot - 4x4wire is probably the largest single collection of Montero/Pajero owners in North America... I got the Mitsu section going about 10 years ago, so we've had lots of time to grow...

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/postli...t=&Board=UBB69

I started a subforum for us oil burners too.

In the meantime, you wanted pics. Here are a few of my rigs, old and "new"

couple of my GenI's...

Betsy II:

Betsy III:

and my genII's...

Betsy IV:

Betsy V (just got her, work in progress):

Running ice/snow tires at the moment, but 33" ATs will be going on in the spring. Have lots of plans for this one too!

The 3.5 is a nice strong motor, if not a little crowded to work on... 96s had option of OE rear locking diff too, which is a very nice upgrade.

Cheers,
    Phil

Awesome Mitsus, Rattle! You seem to have a thing for only having 3 wheels or less on the ground at any one time...

Here is my old 2003

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934916

03 was a unique year as it was the only time here in the states you could get the NP (3.8L, updated drivetrain, ect...) model in the XLS trim. Pretty bare bones inside for a modern rig.

Sold it, but just picked up another low mile 2003 XLS in black.

When I head out for an excursion I take off the running boards and throw the maggiolina on top. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by agerb View Post
    Here is my old 2003

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2934916

03 was a unique year as it was the only time here in the states you could get the NP (3.8L, updated drivetrain, ect...) model in the XLS trim. Pretty bare bones inside for a modern rig.

Sold it, but just picked up another low mile 2003 XLS in black.

When I head out for an excursion I take off the running boards and throw the maggiolina on top. Works great.
    How about some pictures of that '03 with the Maggiolina somewhere exciting?
    2010 Ford F-250 w/FWC Hawk
    2001 Mitsubishi Montero
    My Montero Thread

Default 2003 NP trips

Here you go, this was before the lift, bumper, and tires. Fish lake valley, NV. Hidden little hot spring on the South side of the valley, no roads to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

rattle, i am a big fan of Betsy III. actually, i enjoy most first gen montys
    2000 trooper 5 speed,33s,cobra cb, ome119 springs, rancho shocks, ball joint flip and indipendent4x spacers, big tie rods, rock rails, superwinch hubs, independent4x rear disconnects, and the front aussie...blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by robertdarin View Post
    rattle, i am a big fan of Betsy III. actually, i enjoy most first gen montys
    Thanks for the props. I really liked that one as well. The biggest difference from Betsy III to versions IV and V was that they went back to daily driver duty, since I sold my car (also a Mitsu) when I got the diesels. Since my commute is 160kms/day, I needed to make certain concessions in terms of trailability...

I had a front LSD in Betsy III, but onroad during the winter it could be a handful. Betsy IV and V both have Mitsu's excellent "Super Select" AWD (essentially a viscous coupled AWD mode, usable in any condition), in addition to true locking 4wd hi/lo, so the onroad handling is absolutely awesome now for my commute.

I've also moved away from the hardcore trails in recent years, preferring to do more camping/exploring, as opposed to the muddy stuff... for this kind of usage, the second generation Pajero/Montero works much better. I am going to track down a factory locking diff though, just in case...

As far as being on three (or less) wheels, if you wheel a Mitsu, it is a prerequisite to get ANYWHERE! They are surprisingly stable off-camber though, which is one of my favorite attributes of these rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by agerb View Post
    Here you go, this was before the lift, bumper, and tires. Fish lake valley, NV. Hidden little hot spring on the South side of the valley, no roads to it.
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I'm digging the Montero love around here lately.

How 'bout a nice shot of a genIII?

Last edited by tdesanto; 03-06-2009 at 05:24 AM.
    2010 Ford F-250 w/FWC Hawk
    2001 Mitsubishi Montero
    My Montero Thread

Page 1 of 235 1231151101 ... LastLast