Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I sold my Montero almost 10 years ago (July 1999) but I still treasure the pictures.

Climbing a shelf at Hole-in-the-Rock trail. Yes, those are stock-sized (235/75-15) tires!

RALLY11.jpg

Descending some slickrock:

RALLY05.jpg

Cruising along near our campsite at HITR:

RALLY15.jpg

If you've ever driven a white 1st gen Montero/Pajero heading into the sun, then you understand why I painted the hood flat black!

This is one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken. Campsite on the Eastern edge of the Black Rock Desert, May, 1998:

blacroc6.jpg

I've got to say, this Summer when gas was so expensive, you could pick up a 2nd gen Monty with under 200k on it for about $1500. I was sooooo tempted....:drool:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
KCOWYO:

Ahem, I hate to be pedantic :sombrero: (no I don't!)

but this:

attachment.php

Is not a Pajero. I think it is a Nissan Patrol but I'm not sure. Monty's never had the double rear door.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Sorry guys... all of those square boxes are hard to tell apart. But hey, at least I didn't link to a pic of G-Wagen. :eek:

I seem to recall some debate about what this vehicle is (was), on the forum I kyped it from. Some said Patrol, some said Pajero -

attachment.php

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
That sure looks like a genII Montero/ Pajero that's in dire need of a bilge pump.

kcowyo said:
Sorry guys... all of those square boxes are hard to tell apart. But hey, at least I didn't link to a pic of G-Wagen. :eek:

No worries...we'll hopefully get more and more of these trucks on ExPo and everyone will become more familiar.

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
You should get an article in OJ, Tony. Not nearly enough Mitsu love in there. Plenty, and I mean plenty of G-Wagen love in there though.... :shakin:

ZooJunkie

Explorer
No harm done, just making sure you know what other kind of boxes are out there. :sombrero:

Plus Isuzu/Mitsu/Zuki needs all kind of love. We're the step child of 4x4s. If it isn't stamped w/ letters like J, E, E, P, L, R, T, O, Y, O, T, A, N, I, S, S, A, N, it's not worth building. Sigh.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Brother, you should try owning a T100 in a Toyota world... Believe me, I feel your red-headed step-child pain.

You ostracized and overlooked import owners will be happy to know that I have submitted a formal request to the IT geeks in the basement, to add a seperate Mitsu folder.

I will keep you updated as to the status of said request. :coffee:

IggyB

Adventurer
You Mitsu guys are scary devoted to them.

What's next? Naming your dog after the truck? :victory:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter

I seem to recall some debate about what this vehicle is (was), on the forum I kyped it from. Some said Patrol, some said Pajero -

attachment.php

I'm sure it's a 2nd gen Pajero/Montero from the shape of the rear body and also the shape of the front fender.

Would love to know the story behind that pic! :D

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I'm thinking alcohol was involved... A snorkel apparently, was not.

You know Zapp, if the Top Gear guys had been there, that would be the most reposted Mitsu pic on the 'net. ;)

39Ronin

Adventurer
KCOWYO:

Ahem, I hate to be pedantic :sombrero: (no I don't!)

but this:

attachment.php

Is not a Pajero. I think it is a Nissan Patrol but I'm not sure. Monty's never had the double rear door.

It is a Land Cruiser LJ78 2.4L Turbo Diesel, notorious head cracker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles