Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

yourdudeness

Hi, I have a 1996 montero SR. i want to do a 2" lift so I can pack some 33" tires in and get some extra clearance. I was going to just crank the T bar for the front and get some coil spring spacers for the rear. anybody know of spacers that will work with my truck?

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Hi, I have a 1996 montero SR. i want to do a 2" lift so I can pack some 33" tires in and get some extra clearance. I was going to just crank the T bar for the front and get some coil spring spacers for the rear. anybody know of spacers that will work with my truck?

You won't get 2" out of the torsion bars, but you can get close, depending. You can buy new coils for the rear for about $100, or these will work... http://www.amazon.com/Rancho-RS7008...e=UTF8&qid=1367346535&sr=8-1&keywords=RS70081

33's will fit without a lift, btw. ;)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Also wanna point out is it just me or are manufactures these days losing their passion for automobiles?
Don't get me wrong I really respect the gen III and wouldnt mind one myself but it feels like a lack of passion in its design :confused:
Personally I like the dramatic change from stereotypical suv look in the gen III. Lets face it, the gen I and II look very similar to the offerings from Isuzu, Nissan, & Toyota of that era. Only thing I don't like in the gen III's is the unibody.

off-roader

Expedition Leader

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Sean, have you confirmed that those rancho coil spacers are the right size?

I have confirmed the daystar spacers for a Toyota Seqoiua will work for a gen 2/2.5 Montero's rear coil springs.

Yes, there are a couple threads on the Wire with people using that part number from Rancho on Gen2's. I'm aware of the Sequoia application too, and I recall seeing the Daystar p/n at one time, but I searched for a bit and couldn't find the p/n this time around.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
It's boring driving it on pavement

ezata5a2.jpg

ask4yah

Daystar KT09111BK Comfort Ride 2" Leveling Rear Coil Spring Spacer Kit - I have these on mine. These are for the sequoia and fits perfectly on the montero.

DESTRO

Mountain Warrior
blk truck.jpgblk montero.jpgblktero.jpgtrucktero.jpg

I plasti-dipped it for under $100 bucks.. if i get bored with it, I can just peel it off and sport the factory paint again.

Imnosaint

Adventurer
Personally I like the dramatic change from stereotypical suv look in the gen III. Lets face it, the gen I and II look very similar to the offerings from Isuzu, Nissan, & Toyota of that era. Only thing I don't like in the gen III's is the unibody.

In 1991 I had a Trooper as a company vehicle. It's utilitarian appeal and practicality won me over to SUV's despite little idiosyncrasies like not being able to put a cassette tape in the player while the Trooper is in fifth gear. Then my assistant bought a Gen II Monty, upping the ante on SUV expectations. I loved driving it, I love the bit of style it added beyond the box of the Trooper, and its driving position was unbeatable. Enter the 2.5. I was a bit confused at first with the Buick-inspired fender vent, but, man, I really liked it. Look at Destro's pics. His Plastidip paint job brings out the muscle in this design. Those flares are begging 35s and a lift. Beautiful.

Then the Gen III, breaking tradition, and probably Mitsu's beginning of the end of them taking the SUV seriously. Fortunately for that generation, Dakar competitors felt differently, banking on a reputation established by previous Pajeros. Like off-roader, I was attracted to the break; the exaggerated fender treatments begging for some serious boots, the line of the rear fender trailing back to the tail light, the height difference to the front wheel arc hinting to the long-traveling suspension of a Baja truck. It's rear facia gives a nod to Land Rover. But alas, no cajones. A narrow track that almost loses wheels in the wells at a three-quarter angle, and enough domestication to turn it into a driveway darling to haul the troops to soccer practice.

Now I'm seeing styling cues picked up by Nissan in Europe, front facia and headlamp treatments and earlier on, fender flares. Interesting.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Been a whiel since I posted in this thread. LOL. so here is a shot of the wagon out on the edge of lake Barlee in Western Australia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne