FRGS
Just saw this on the Kimberly site:

EA5V9123rt1_small.jpg

Pretty cool rig if a bit on the long side. More info here:

http://www.kimberleykruiser.com/

cheers

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
WOW, at that length why wouldn't you just tow a trailer?

I agree it's too long.

this would be a better execution, personally.

proto.jpg

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
The extra length would be great on some of those long bad roads in central oz but I wouldnt like to take it shopping on a sat morning.
I wouldnt like to take it through the sandhills in the desert either where even shorter 4wds belly out on the crests,.

I would look at ways of having a storage box under the sleeping unit.

I dont think the height would be as detrimental as the current length

a.mus.ed

Explorer
I don't see the length as the biggest reason it's not for me. With this set-up you've got no vehicle once you set up camp. You're also limited to one arrangement of your campsite - long and narrow. I'd rather have a trailer.

Kimberly is sa-weet, though, and I'd love to have one of their trailers. And a diesel 79 to tow it with would be alright with me too!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I can't help but think if you cut that center storage module out, it would be a really exceptional outfit. I mean, a 79 series ute with a KK on the back? Fugeddaboutit....

It would be an Aussie version of AT's TacoChaser. I understand the need for the storage compartment, but maybe stack the trailer box on top of the storage, with the storage box having slide out drawers instead of gullwing doors. It would still be fairly aerodynamic and a lot easier on the eyes.

Cool find though. It's always fun to see a one-off build up. Love that Aussie ingenuity (and LC selection).

:smiley_drive:

OCD Overland

Explorer
Did they ever even make those? If so, it was a short run - this thread was resurrected from 7 years ago. They did one of their Karavans on a flatbed for a bit, too, which was probably a better fit.

Today the Kruiser is a full on travel trailer and has been for a while.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
I actually saw this vehicle up in Cape York, QLD Australia back July 2012. It looked quite at home travelling the remote roads of Australia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne