24 V. Nissan Atlas - step down to 12 V. Question.

Greetings.
I have a 1991 Nissan Atlas (retired JDM Firetruck). It is 24 Volt. I am currently building a lightweight capper for the bed. I intend to mount trailer lights on the capper so they will be visible above the hitch-mounted bike rack. I also would like to wire in a rear facing camera. In addition to this I would like the alternator to charge the Battleborn Battery I will be putting into the capper. Solar system will also be installed.

To have the truck be able to charge the Battleborn and run the rear lights and camera I belIve I need to employ a 24-12 stepdown converter. Something Like this:

Has anyone installed a step down like this?

Is it possible to hook the trucks 24V alternator up to the 12v capper that way?

My Goal is to wire the capper entirely as 12V.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this. 8ED94F77-EE6A-4405-B99C-FE11F7129471.jpeg

broncobowsher

Adventurer
Separate 12V house battery.
Several DC-DC battery chargers exist. An example They can be setup to run different battery chemistries as well, so they can be Lithium compatible.

Victron is on of the will known and respected names, that one you linked I have never heard of before.

Thanks Broncobowsher and Verkstad. I will try the Victron Orion-TR Smart 24 charger I think. Now the question is which option to choose- number of amps and isolated vs. non-isolated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998