12 volt kettle / coffee pot

NikonRon

Adventurer
I tried a 12 volt coffee maker once from Cabela's, by the time it made a pot of coffee, what it had made in the pot was ice cold. Needless to say I returned it for a refund. That was my only attempt at a 12 volt coffee maker. There may be something better out there, good luck. Ron

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I'm going to guess no, based on the Krups 110v I use in my kitchen. Its 1750 watts power supply draws God knows what when it's boiling (assumed 1750+). But I have toying with the idea of bringing this along when we camp or cabin camp. The next best thing would be a Jetboil with french press attachment. I love mine and the coffee is turkish (grounds in a little).
Aaron

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Ive found these 2 ways are the quickest to boil water.
Either an open fire or a $20 propane stove.
Both ways can get water boiling in 10mins if your good at building fires and dont want gallons of hot water

\\'anderer

Adventurer
Ive found these 2 ways are the quickest to boil water.
Either an open fire or a $20 propane stove.
Both ways can get water boiling in 10mins if your good at building fires and dont want gallons of hot water

I agree. I tried a 12v coffee maker once, 45 min and 1 dead battery for a pot of coffee.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Paging Ringin10, Paging Ringin10.. there's a 12 volt coffee post... please come to this thread immediately :D

Bergger

Explorer
Yeah I would not waste my time with one. I tried one and it took forever to brew coffee. You're better off just using a small stove and pot of water.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
I would not recommend 12v coffee makers period. I've tried 2 and each one could not draw up the water to even think about brewing. In my on experienced opinion regarding 12v coffee makers...save your money and apply it toward a percolater that you can brew your coffee over a portable stove or grill. :coffeedrink::coffee:

Fulltimer

Observer
I use an inverter with a 110v coffee pot. The inverter has many uses: drills, extension cord with a light etc.

Terry

Carlyle

Explorer
It's pretty hard to beat the Coleman on the stove coffee maker with home roasted beans:

Coleman.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94