Trooper w/ 235/85/16 installed? Have pics?

ZooJunkie

Explorer
As the title states, looking for people w/ 235/85/16 tires installed on their Trooper. Just need to see how ugly they would look on a Trooper. Going to order a set of tires and considering 235/85/16 and 265/75/16.

Thanks!

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
A. They are very ugly.
B. They seem very narrow on the 7" rims.

I would recommend going with 265, and that is the general recommendation from the bulk of Trooper owners. Now, mine are snow tires and that contributes to the look, but the 235 works very well in the snow.

jatibb

Adventurer
my .02, some vehicle look better than others with skinny tires. my range rover classic does and i think a trooper would also (square) but, i ran 265-75 then switched to 235-85. same height, skinny but ride suffers..pretty badly and ive had problems keeping them balanced, its ok but have to have it done every few months (pain,and hard to not just forget, then 2 late) also i have tried to compare weights (not tried really hard, some websites lsit weights, some dont) but the truck "feels" much heavier with the 235-85 . im sure they weigh more, more plies and all but i havent been able to see exactly how much more. if i were to buy a whole new set i may go back to 265-75 or try a lighter duty 235-85 (interco truxxes now)

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
I should mention that my "summer" tires are 285 MTR. They look great, but I think they are a bit wide for the weight of the truck and a bit tall for the gearing.

ZooJunkie

Explorer
I have two sets of wheels, my 32" tires will be my offroad set, and the spare is my commuter set. I commute in my Trooper everyday...

Nikolai_V

I know this is a comical thread ressurection... but I came across this thread when trying to decide whether to fit 235/85R16 tyres or 265?75R16 tyres to my 1993 Bighorn / Trooper.

I went with the 235`s, and having had the 265`s on a previous LWB, am more than happy with the 235`s. Not been in any mud yet (only done about 200kms on the tyres but will advise of my experience.

Ended up with Bridgestone D673 Dueler MT`s - seem like a very good tyre so far - in comparison to the BFG MT KM`s I had before on my LWB.

Finally a pic is attached - doesn`t really show width that well, but I think it looks okay (not a fan of over tyres 4x4`s).

ev2d87.jpg

It should be said that I`ve had several landies though, so I am biased towards skinny tyres (not that 32x9.2 is that skinny).

Hope this anyone in a similar predicament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior