Project: Doitall Dodge

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Does anyone need a project? It's time for this good ol' truck to go to onto a new adventure....

The good. This thing as always been pretty dang reliable for me. I drove it as a daily vehicle until about 3 weeks ago.

The bad. I believe the transmission needs help. It started with a tick-tick in 4th gear and then 3rd gear. It drove home and was parked. I have a bad feeling a bearing in the transmission is on the way out. It still moved, but I don't want to drive it into the ground.

Rough Specs for those just joining.

-1992 Dodge W250 Cummins 6bt, 5spd manual, Np205 transfer case, Dana 70 rear axle with Power-lok, Dana 60 front axle. Regular cab. Long bed.

Mods.

-The fenders where all sectioned to allow running 37-40" tires with nothing but leveling springs.
-Truck was sprayed 8 years ago in Smoke Grey Rustoleum (easy to touch up)
-Crossover steering conversion ( just replaced a TRE a few months back finally )
-38.5x13.5x17 Pitbull Maddog Radials that are down to about 30% tread in the center.
-17x8 5" BS black steel wheels
-38" spare tire in the bed corner
-Fiberglass shell on the bed.
-Custom front bumper and recovery points
-1410 front driveshaft
-I just went through the front axle a few months back and did bearings in the diff and inner axle seals.
-It has a nice sounding stereo system with a mech-less deck that uses an SD card, 4channel amp, 6.5 separates in custom fiberglass kickpanel pods, 12" sub behind the seat.

The odometer says about 282,000K now, but with the big tires for the last few years the mileage is higher.
It always returned great mileage for me even pushing the 38s, 17mpg around down, 19-21mpg on the highway depending on the speed, 15mpg towing 5K or so.
Minimal rust for a 1992 dodge truck since it has been in the southwest all its life. Only major rust is at the seam of the drivers floor and rocker.

I also have an HE351cw turbo and a set of nice Autometer EGT, fuel pressure, and boost gauges I never got around to installing.

I'm not going to give it away, but it needs a new home with someone that wants a project. I don't want to sell it local because I honestly don't want to see it driving around.

Shoot me a PM with an offer if you are interested, questions, whatever.....

A big thank you to all those that watched this buildup over the last few years. I can't believe this thread has over half a million views!

NORDFORD

Sad to see this end! Do you get it sold? I just spent a couple days reading this after I spent a couple days reading the new FJ build. Now insuppose I should read the flat fender build! Great work!

LJinLA

Observer
Hi Brennan,

Just finished re-reading this whole thread ... my all-time most favorite 1st gen build thread!!! (y)

You stated several times in the thread that the maddogs were mounted on 17x9 5" BS steel wheels (except in your last post you wrote 17x8), but you never said exactly what brand/model they were...
Could you please say exactly what wheels you used? Thanks!!!
I hope this truck went into good hands - if you don't still own it, that is.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
They where 17x9 with 5" BS. I think I ordered them from Summit, but I can't remember exactly what they where....
Nothing special, just a steel wheel with the highest load rating I could find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles