Redback Country Explorer Campertrailer

Redback

Adventurer
Hi all, this is my setup, this is a Redback soft floor side opening style offroad camper trailer, they are designed to be easy to erect and pull down, usually takes about 10 minutes if using it for quick overnight stays and around 20 minutes for the longer stays were you get all you gear out and put up the annex.

The size of the trailer is 9'x5', and the tent section when open is 21' long and 18' wide, the trailer was made by Ray Clarke who is now Clarkes Country Campers, the tent top was made by Redback campers, the 2 have parted ways, TRADING SEPERATELY now.

Extras include
Gas hot water for shower
3 way fridge propane/12volt/240volt home power
Home made kitchen & sink
Walkin section for easy access to the queen size bed
Arrid smart charger powered from the car when travelling
75AH deepcycle battery to run the pump, lights and to charge accessories, cameras and such
12v/240v power for remote and when using caravan/trailer parks
Solar panel to charge the Deepcycle when camped in the bush

These offroad trailers are very popular in Australia because they go anywhere, where ever the car will go the trailer is designed to go too, they are tough and very flexable and designed to carry everything you need to go bush.

Fully loaded the trailer is 1.3ton/2600 pounds approx, we also travel with our 2 dogs:1888fbbd:

All we do is pack some clothes, put food in the fridge in the trailer, we also have a Waeco CF40AC 12v fridge/freezer in the car with food and beer and we're off.

Most of the extras were installed or made by me, my wife and daughter.

agh.sized.jpg

ain.sized.jpg

amm.sized.jpg

Yalwal04xmas_313.sized.jpg

Burralow_019.sized.jpg

Murry_Sunset_13_14_March_066.sized.jpg

This a link to the maker of our trailer.

http://www.countrycampers.com.au/site/index.cfm

Also this will give you an idea of how popular campers are here, this link will take you to all the Australian manufacturers of campers

http://www.campertrailers.org/manufacturers.htm

Baz.

Last edited:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Baz, that is one heck of a setup. I think I would get too comfy on a beach somewhere and begin hunting small game when the food in the fridge ran out :D

Again, welcome to ExPo! Allow me to buy you a virtual beer :beer:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Yea, it would be REAL easy to get real comfortable in that setup. It's just a touch bigger than what I am used to.:elkgrin:

flywgn

Explorer
Aaaaiiiii, chihuahua, that tent is bigger than the first house we lived in! No kidding!

That's neat!

Welcome, Redback. BTW, since I'm closer, I just drank the 'virtual beer' BT shouted, but I'm sure he's good for two. :beer: :beer: ... or more.

That's some rig. You guys Down Under are way ahead of us folk north of zero latitude, although I do think that we now own a pretty neat 'outback' trailer.

Diana and I have been longing to do an extended trip across your great continent. I'm thinking that we'll need about four months. Does that sound like enough?

I'll go back to your links and do my homework, but do you rent outfits?

Thanks for posting this information, and, again, welcome.

Allen R

flywgn

Explorer
Baz,

I couldn't get your link to your site to work, but the mfgs link was okay. I had no idea that there were that many camper-trailers-manufacturers in Australia. Are those all outback-type trailer manufacturers?

Allen R

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
BAZ-

Nice Trailer and welcome to the portal!

Hmmm.. can you buy me some things down there and ship them to me? I wish I lived near you just to purchase some of the quality equipment you guys have down there!

Redback

Adventurer
Thanks guys, the beer was great:sombrero:

Flywgn, i'd say about 6 mths to see a good deal of Australia, but 4 mths you'll see plenty, it's a pretty country and remember most of it is fairly remote arrid desert, you can drive 300 to 400 miles without seeing a single car, also some remote towns are not towns, but cattle stations or Aboriginal communities and some of these places don't sell unleaded fuel only DIESEL.

Yes trailers can be rented, one friend of mine just did a 6mth tour around Aust, he bought a trailer and when he got back sold it, they hold there resale value very well, in fact some people have made a profit selling them for more than they paid.

This is him at Streaky Bay, the trailer is called an Ultimate Campertrailer and there not cheap.

Google Ultimate camper you'll see, oh put an au after .com, "www.google.com.au"

I forgot to add this, ExplorOz is an excellent resource for trip planning as it has weather and road conitions available and trek notes on trips people have sent in, lots of helpful stuff about touring Australia.

http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/Default.asp

Books such as Tracks of the High Country by Cathy Savage

Discover Australia by Ron Moon

Kimba_Iggy_StreakyBay.jpg

Also my setup is a budget setup, there are way bigger and better campers out there than ours, and more expensive too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior