The 255/85R16 Tire Official List

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I have seen it mentioned and mixed in various threads, but never seen the official single thread with the only purpose of posting every tire that is available around the world in 255/85R16.

Please post any and all tires that you know come in 255/85R16. We don't need to debate any one tire. A new thread can be created for that.

If you can post a picture as well that would be great.

As the concept for 255/85R16 is just a size, I guess we can also list any tire that is listed by the manufacturer as 33X10R16.

I will start with the proverbial BFG MT.

https://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/bfg_mudterrain_ta_km2_pdpcrop.jpg

BFG-MT-KM-Web%5B1%5D.jpg

and the BFG MT KM2
mud-terrain-t-a-km2.jpg

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Maxxis M8090 Creepy Crawler: The 255 is not available in the US Market.
M8090_Creepy_Crawler.jpg

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Remington Mud Brute

Reminton_Mud_Brute_33x12_50_R15LT.gif

RESEARCH BY REDLINE: Thank You!

Looking at the specs on Remington's site http://www.remingtontire.us/Pages II/home.html it looks like the Mud Brute may be a reincarnated Dunlop Mud Rover. Maybe it was made on the same casing when they were both in production? The reason I say this is that the specs listed for the Mud Brute indicate it may be the largest LT255/85R16 tire currently in production with an overall height of 33.6-inches. I think this was the same height of the old Mud Rover and I think the next tallest 255/85 is the Toyo MT at 33.5-inches. Also, the Mud Brute has a whopping 10.8" section width! Most 255/85s are about 10.3 inches wide. This could be a negative depending on the clearance on your platform. These Mud Brutes 'only' have 17/32" of tread, a little on the shallow side for my preference on a new MT tire, I prefer 18-20 if I can get it.

Looking at the high void ratio in pictures I think it may be a loud tire. Depending on how they balance the Mud Brute may be a very good 'economy' MT in 255/85. I don't know what the regular retail price should be for this tire, but my local independent dealer said he can currently sell me these tires for a mere $125.00 each! I don't think he would be making any money on me, but the price is tempting.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles