Best location for a power inverter, 2003 Xterra

246_ft_lbs

I have a 2003 Xterra. I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to a good location to mount a power inverter. Where have other people mounted theirs? If you have one, could you please let me know.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Not a good idea to mount one permanently, unless its a 750watt and larger

they sell 75 watt/100 watt, that just plug in the pwr outlets on your X and the outlets are fused at 10 amps (120 watt)

If you NEED a larger inverter, should be mounted near the battery and fused to the +

:coffeedrink::smiley_drive::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

BlackX

Adventurer
:sombrero: Not a good idea to mount one permanently, unless its a 750watt and larger

they sell 75 watt/100 watt, that just plug in the pwr outlets on your X and the outlets are fused at 10 amps (120 watt)

If you NEED a larger inverter, should be mounted near the battery and fused to the +

:coffeedrink::smiley_drive::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Jimbo can you elaborate on this a little? Why only mount one larger than 750W?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Well, if you use the larger inverters (100 watts +) then you have to run seperate 12,10,8 gauge wires, to the battery and in that case you will need short cables

The smaller inverters ( 120 watts -) you can just plug in to your pwr outlets, I think the 1st gen Xterras, have two outlets

Jimbo can you elaborate on this a little? Why only mount one larger than 750W?

The more hot lines you have running all over your X, the more danger there is

I've got two 75/100 inverters, that I plug in and one 750, that I have mounted on my trailer

:victory::ylsmoke::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

granitex1

Adventurer
What is it that you are planning to run off of it, and what projected size are you looking for? I usually run a couple of them, one in the front and one in the back. Mine are also the smaller 800watt peak 400watt continuous. Are you looking at doing duel batteries? There is a bunch more to consider than just location.

My 04 has 4 outlets total. Two up front, one in the back seat, and one all of the way in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94