Anyone seen one of these?

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Haven't seen one of those e before. Pretty slick. Any more info like the weight and size? That thing would look sweet with a set of 33x9.5's :D

CLynn85

Explorer
Sweet. I've been looking at getting a tear-drop style camper and beefing up the frame and putting some taller tires on it ever since I saw one behind a jeep a couple months ago. Never seen one with the pop out section like that though. Very cool. I think it'd be a good solution for me at this point for a base-camp.

Seldom Seen

Observer
CLynn85 said:
Sweet. I've been looking at getting a tear-drop style camper and beefing up the frame and putting some taller tires on it ever since I saw one behind a jeep a couple months ago. Never seen one with the pop out section like that though. Very cool. I think it'd be a good solution for me at this point for a base-camp.

I've seen These at a dealer in Ft Collins CO and they defiantly have potential for building into a capable off roader.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Because its about a foot narrower than the Pinz, I have plenty of room to mount stuff on the side. Heres the plans so far. Exo cage. On the sides at the rear Ill have one of these on each side:
trucktoys4less_1912_68870828

Theyll open to the rear for added storage for the cook. Above those boxes Ill have these boxes:
trucktoys4less_1912_69283294

Or additional Fuel cans. There will be a flip out roof tent on top mounted to the cage as well as awnings on the 2 sides.

Im still trying to figure out some sort of toilet setup that I could possbly mount on the tounge with a quick sort of canvas awning to close it in.

ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

Seldom Seen

Observer
atavuss said:
those are cool trailers but a bit pricey! you could get a adventure trailer for about the same money.

Fer sure. Our hearts aren't set on a tear drop so we ruled the Little guy out, figured for the price we could pop for the Tentrax. But if some one is looking for a teardrop, these are the best option we found. The frame would need no reinforcement, stock-out-of-the-box it looks up to the task. Change the hubs to match your truck, some spring work and raise or replace the fenders and you *could* fit 33" on them. Most teardrop designs, that we looked at, the fenders are tubed into the body making your tire choices limited. The little guy's are out board, opening up all sorts of possibilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles