Montero Build

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Yes, I have run many a trail with the truck fully loaded and the suspension works very well. Also, with several thousand miles and quite a few trials the suspension has softened up a bit but still holds up well on the trail. Also, I removed my sway bars and articulation has gotten better.

I also have to give kudos to Wil and the crew at Sierra Expeditions as well as ARB as I had a front strut that was leaking very badly. Wil made a call to ARB and within a week I had both my front struts replaced under ARB's lifetime warranty. That was several months ago and I apologize for not being very active on this board anymore.

For those interested, the build is on hold but I still have plans. I don't know when the mods wil start again, but I think the first thing I am going to do is get some underside protection and sliders. I just don't know when.

spd33

Observer
I believe I spotted you rolling West on Camelback around 24th St. last week. Ironically enough, I was on my way to look at an '03 Limited Montero. Great looking rig!

cdrake

"I am also getting used to the squeeking. There used to be no squeeks or rattles with the truck, but since the lift, the suspension does squeek."

I had a medium duty OME kit installed on my '03 Montero a few weeks ago now and I am experiencing the squeaky suspension sounds as well. Can you or anyone explain this? Want to make sure that the squeak isn't associated with something that is or will be a problem in the future. From what I can tell my squeak gets worse as I drive more.

Sorry to ask a question about such an old post but thought it may be helpful to ask.

Thanks!

randers1966

Vibration in a 2001 mitzubishi monters ltd

When I hit 70 on the highway in 2wd I felt a vibration and the check engine light came on. It works fine at slower speeds or if I gradually reach 70. Any ideas?

montypower

Adventure Time!
"I am also getting used to the squeeking. There used to be no squeeks or rattles with the truck, but since the lift, the suspension does squeek."

Most likely worn out bushing(s). My rear trailing arm bushings were worn out (replaced them - OEM). I also replaced sway bar bushings. It shouldn't squeak. Find out where it is coming from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles