Tents

jrsteffes

Adventurer
I saw them once in Poupular Mechanics, they look great. Would be super fast setup as well! Buy one and let us know!

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I have seen tents like this before and wasn't impressed. However, these seem to be of better quality. I am always concerned with getting enough pressure into the supports to hold the tent up (and snow on it) while at the same time not putting too much pressure in that it would possible leak.

Just looking at the site, I specifically like the Tenshi 06 model. 2 man with a nice, large vestibule (in my opinion a usable vestibue is one of the most important features of a great tent!) and it is only 5.7 lbs.

tensh061.jpg

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I wonder how it holds up wind and rain... you know when your feet or some part of your body touches the sides of the tent and you get wet?

7wt

Expedition Leader
They look pretty cool but I am looking forward to my new Big Agnes Seedhouse 2 I will be getting for Christmas. Oh I can't wait!

jkam

nomadic man
I saw the Nemo tents at the BMW MOA rally this year.

They were OK, but the blow up ones didn't have a vestibule so that ruled them out for me.

The one mentioned above uses poles like most tents.

The people demonstrating them were looking for suggestions and when I gave some, they said they were already incorporating some into the new designs.

Look to see some of the blow up tents with vestibules and some other features.

They were pricey for what you got.

I'm using an REI Quarter Dome for my motorcycle camping, it is a little small but just right for one and some gear. Packs down pretty small as well.

I look for tents that have poles 18" or less.

jk6661

Observer
Outwell specializes in inflatable tents. The company is based overseas, so I haven't seen one in person or found anyone in the States who uses one. There also aren't many reviews online. But they look good on paper.

http://www.outwell.com/

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have tried many tents in my 30 years off roading and backpacking. Roof top (on an M416 trailer), ground tents of all shapes (backpacking) and other ground tents while car camping and although you specify wanting something without poles (I could not fathom what that would be till I saw the video) I have settled on the OZ tent. Sets up in 30 seconds and takes down in 60.
It is a bit heavy and I can only use it for vehicle camping but it is great for our family.

I wish you well in your search. If there were a place in your area that loaned camping equipment I would certainly try before I buy. Good tents are no longer inexpensive so buying one and not knowing if it fits you style can get pricey.

Happy trails

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles