75th Anniversary Airstream

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Okay, you might not consider this an "expedition" trailer - although Airstreams have crossed Africa and several other continents - but it sure is cool!

http://www.vintagetrailering.com/projects/airstream%20prototype.htm

Here's the interior:

75th%20rearward%204.jpg

jrsteffes

Adventurer
I want one! Very very nice! I like the classic look on the inside, alot of the new Airstreams have very modern interiors but this on is nice!

flywgn

Explorer
Isn't that simply a classic? It's no wonder they are the "Land Yachts". We owned an Airstream for a while. I never figured out why they persisted in putting "suicide" doors on them. Ours was an older one and I made certain that we had a safety strap as well as the regular door latch. We made a few trips with it and never got the Airstream Dimple. Lucky, I think.

Allen R

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
flywgn said:
Isn't that simply a classic? It's no wonder they are the "Land Yachts". We owned an Airstream for a while. I never figured out why they persisted in putting "suicide" doors on them. Ours was an older one and I made certain that we had a safety strap as well as the regular door latch. We made a few trips with it and never got the Airstream Dimple. Lucky, I think.

Allen R

Suicide doors are to clear the arms for the awnings. ;)

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Wow! :yikes:
That is a beautiful interior!

I wonder what the pricetag is...

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Great post! Have to love the rivits :)

They seem to hold their price no matter what the age - they are the coolest vintage trailer/homes out there - one of my clients has one from the late '70s he just polished the outside to a fine shine ( read sunglasses needed)

there is a complete book out on the Airstreams

and the Airstream site

Airstream Store

ohyeah the pricing does not seem unreasonable :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz