My $400 Pop-Up camper build

I picked it up today, a 1979 Coleman Ticonderoga.

popup002.jpg

Step one: Get the cables fixed for the lifting mechanism. Clean up the outside, repaint. If you look in the photo behind the tounge I tested a small area. White with a red strip she will be.

Step two: New axle, springs, wheels and tires to match the tow vehicle.

Step three: Rebuild/extend frame to place motorcycle on front of trailer.

Enjoy in between. :sombrero:

corbin8or

Adventurer
hey cool project! I got a 1990 coleman roenoke last year!! redoing it also!
if you need canvas bear creek canvas out of wisconsin is your best bet! they did mine and they use real canvas. its real nice!!

I'll have to start a thread too...

Looks great. The bike mod will be great to see..

Yeah. The rig will be used primarily for weekends at enduro races.

I'm debating on trying to fit full size tires. I will be putting 33s on the Xterra, and I think it might be slightly difficult to fit such large tires onto this trailer. Honestly, I do not know at all, because I still havent gotten the pop up popped up yet. When we were cranking the rig up, three of the cable snapped... we managed to lift it up manually to check out the canvas, which is in good shape. I'm working on the cables today. Get it up temporarily and then fix it fully with all new cables and "wiffle tree".

Got all of the cables fixed, but managed to snap all but one of them again.

Got it up enough to start cleaning it out....
IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Thats what I'm working with.

4 garbage bags full of garbage... 52 gallons guys! Sheesh.

I'm now up to about $440 in this build.

Paint, cable and roach spray.

I replaced all of the cable for the lifting mechanism and gutted all of the interior.
IMG_0168.jpg

Next step will be to put new flooring in and build new cabinetry.

JDRiems

1979 Ticonderoga

How is your project coming along? I have a 1979, near mint Ticonderoga. The only issue I have with it is the roof is now leaking. It was forced to spend a harsh Wisconsin winter outside and some water got in the seam and the ice split it in the front section. I'm trying to figure out how I should go about tearing out a section and replacing it. What have you found in the roof?

Haha. We moved from Louisiana to Texas and I already had 2 trailers to pull and the pop up was never registered. I ended up selling it to my brother who sold it to a hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles