Overland Expo: Prescott, April 24-26

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
After looking at all the pics and video's, I really have to see that I can make it out to AZ next year.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Definately looks like it was a great time. I think thats where I'll be heading for my vacation next year.:smiley_drive:

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Overland Expo.2010 dates & venue announced

You got it here first!

Announcing OX10 & early registration discounts

Overland Expo.2010 will be held the weekend of April 16 - 18, 2010 in beautiful southern Arizona. Last year's attendees, mail list subscribers and our friends at Expedition Portal are getting advance notice of our early registration discounts - that's right, we're offering the 2009 prices for a limited time (until December 1, 2009).

New venue ~ Amado Territory Ranch

We're pleased to announce our new venue partner, Amado Territory Ranch, in the southern Arizona hamlet of Amado, along the Santa Cruz River. In addition to a large Expo area for the vendors, feature vehicles, and on-site campers, the ranch has nice shaded verandas, two excellent restaurants - cappuccino and espresso! - and very comfortable meeting rooms.

Best of all we have almost adjacent Forest Service land and 100+ miles of excellent dirt roads for real-life training for overland driving situations and adventure motorcycle riding. We're also working with private land owners for access to the river for water crossings, sand, and mud training.

We have Tom Collins confirmed for 2010 . . . sign up for our newsletter on the website Contact page, our RSS feed on the News page, or on Twitter (twitter.com/OverlandExpo) to get instant notification of additions, sponsors, and more.

Check out our new Overland Expo website

We have a beautiful new website, with video, news, easier registration, and plenty of pictures.

Take me there . . . !

haven

Expedition Leader
Amado Territory Ranch is about 40 minutes south of Tucson.

amado-territory-ranch.png

The Ranch's web site is http://www.amado-territory-inn.com/
This is beautiful country.

DesertRose

There are 100+ miles of Forest Service roads connecting right by the ranch. We will be able to run more training out in the field.

Best of all, there are high-quality restaurants on-site, with espresso and cappuccino!:coffeedrink:

No more bad event coffee . . .

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
It sounds like a nice venue/location :). What are the daytime highs down there in mid April?

Edit:

Answering my own question - According to Weather.com for April: Average High 80, Average Low 42

There are 100+ miles of Forest Service roads connecting right by the ranch. We will be able to run more training out in the field.

Best of all, there are high-quality restaurants on-site, with espresso and cappuccino!:coffeedrink:

No more bad event coffee . . .

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Any word on this years Trophy?

:)

You would have to talk to Scott Brady or one of the guys at Expeditions West (maybe Chris or Jeremy know...).

The Expedition Trophy is a Expeditions West event.

The Overland Expo is a Conserventures event.

*edit*

From another thread, about 15 minutes ago:

expeditionswest said:
It was a super fun event, and we always enjoyed putting it together, but the Expedition Trophy is on hold for at least the next few years.

However, Roseann and the Overland Expo have taken it to the next level (many levels actually), and is running the premier overland/expedition event of the year. We put all of the energy from the Expedition Trophy into that event now. The OVEX 10 dates and details are being announced in the next few minutes in our news section.

We may resurrect the Expedition Trophy again in the future, but what will most likely happen is a more formalized meet-and-greet like we have been doing for the last few years. Mini/localized events with the various regional chapters.

DesertRose

It sounds like a nice venue/location :). What are the daytime highs down there in mid April?

Edit:

Answering my own question - According to Weather.com for April: Average High 80, Average Low 42

Yes, it will very likely be gorgeous - of course, it is WEATHER, so that means it could snow or be really hot!

;-)

A note: my website is DOWN because of a domain pointing issue, which means my backup website is also down (I thought I was bulletproof!). It should be up later today or tomorrow. Meanwhile CALL me with questions: 520-591-1410 or email roseann at conserventures . org

DesertRose

Thank you for the article tips, guys!

Writing en route to Arusha, Tanzania, from Nairobi; it's pouring rain.

Land Cruiser and Land Rover heaven; we collect a new Defender tomorrow and will be driving it to some remote parks in the interior.

We'll be doing a presentation about self-drive safaris at Overland Expo 2011 ~ it's very reasonably priced, and pretty easy to do in East Africa and South Africa.

We'll post pictures soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94