Caravan PHX to Expedition Portal Rally

datrupr

Expedition Leader
You are right Chris, there is a very diverse group of people and thier vehicle choices here. Very cool! :luxhello:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Wil.....

Isn't that a really fun Mexican food restaurant right across the street there from Fry's.....on your photo map?

I think I've eaten there....I remember kewl waterways and nice atmosphere.

If that's it.....too bad you guys can't meet early for some chips and dip at least!

Thanks for the mention on the first page.

Our little "back way" group is growing.

You can ad........

*awalter
*vickingvince

We will be meeting Brian "mcvickoffroad" in Morristown between 1pm and 2pm that friday.

Al and I caravaning together from San Diego.

Maybe someone can work out a 2 Meter Radio Freq. with Al ......so you guys can know if you have to come rescue us or not! :eek:

:campfire: :camping:

Last edited by a moderator:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Wil.....

Isn't that a really fun Mexican food restaurant right across the street there from Fry's.....on your photo map?

Why, Yes there is! You sure do know your Mexican Food Joints! Make sure and check out the one in Wickenburg just behind the movie theater (by the Old Jail). It's great!

Scenic WonderRunner said:
Thanks for the mention on the first page.

Our little "back way" group is growing.

You can ad........

*awalter
*vickingvince

We will be meeting Brian "mcvickoffroad" in Morristown between 1pm and 2pm that friday.

Al and I caravaning together from San Diego.

Maybe someone can work out a 2 Meter Radio Freq. with Al ......so you guys can know if you have to come rescue us or not! :eek:

:campfire: :camping:

For 2M I believe we are using 146.460, and CB ch. 7. I will update the first Post include AL and Vince. IF you want me to make a similar map, let me know where exactly you all are meet up at and I'll post it!

Wil

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I don't know the area around Morristown......

How about our "Back Way Group" meeting near.........

Hwy 60 and Castle Hot Springs Road.....on some corner with.....MEXICAN FOOD!...... :D :chowtime: :eatchicke

Maybe Brian knows a good meeting spot.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Mark, the name of the restaurant is Aunt Chiladas, I know the chef there, it is part of the Pointe South Mountain Resort. The chef there used to be my Sous Chef when I was the manager of the Phantom Horse Grill and Sports bar at the resort. A great guy and great food there. You should all meet there for a beer and some chips & salsa :D

flyingwil

Mark-
The Mexican restaurant I was thinking of is:
Anita's Cocina
57 Valentine St
Wickenburg, AZ
(928) 684-5777

Here's the map-
Wick.jpg

Give it a shot... Best Mexican around those parts!

Wil

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Mark,
I may try and drive up to the Morristown area this weekend to scope it out. I know it from driving through but have not lingered long enought to "know" it.

I have the coordinates for the intersection of Hwy 60 and North Castle Hot Springs Road as:
33 51 17.74 N
112 37 19.24 W

Using Google Earth I could not make out any gas stations but I remember seeing someting the last time I was there. I would suggest that we all fill up at the last place we think we can. I will fill up in Surprize as I head out of town. Are you guys coming through Wickenberg? Maybe fill up there?

Also where is everyone coming from in the Back Road Group
You and Awater from SD via Wickenberg, where is Viking coming from?

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I'm not going to be able to caravan out to the rally now, I'll see all you guys at the campsite that afternoon after lunch. :victory:

flyingwil

Ursidae69 said:
I'm not going to be able to caravan out to the rally now, I'll see all you guys at the campsite that afternoon after lunch. :victory:

Chuck, took you off Post 1, see you at :camping: :exclaim:

Wil

flyingwil

Jason and Jeff-

You guys got a PM. I am just verifying that you guys are still planning on the caravan up to camp!

Aaron-
I'll give you a call when we are passing the Metro Center Mall area. Not sure if Jason and Jeff will be with me or not, Either way I'll give you a call!

Wil

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Will, Sounds good. Give me a call when you are near metro center and we can either hook up on the way up or at Anthem. either way, we'll get it sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online