Xterra at Overland Expo

azbumblebee

Couldn't quite fit in the Bajaracks corner but KC hilites allowed me to park next to their FJ. Great event it was nice to have such a great event here in Az. Grew up with Fj-40's and 2 dr Montero's / Raider's and have always wanted a Land Rover Discovery (nearly purchased one prior to finding the Xterra). After Alfa's, Saleen/Mustangs and asst. Montero's and Honda's this has been a great ride, engine is my favorite part with excellent performance. The trucks at this event represented many of my 'dream' trucks. For the last year I've been enjoying the X community since it is not a world market vehicle, parts have been hard to come by, but with the support of Nissan guys in general including the Frontier and other past groups it is becoming a real choice for off-roading , towing and multiple use applications. I asked Bajarack to build a rack for the X's and the gen 1 is available and the gen 2 by this summer. Others have used the Titan front diff to strengthen the major weakness and us V8 Pathfinder axles to retain nearly stock configuration. I requested an aftermarket option for the axles and Superior Axle will release an application this year. Next request is a RTT rack for the X, I've never seen so many in one place before the Expo. I've enjoyed meeting alot of you here and at Sema last year and look forward to the articles to come. Sorry no camera old pics, thx for all who posted great shots of the event.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Hey, great to see you on Expo! I really wanted to stop by, chat, and check out your X but ran out of time that morning before having to meet up for a trail run. Post your pics over on NOR as well since I am sure there are some that will be interested in seeing the cool stuff.

azbumblebee

Thx guys, lx450landcruiser appreciate the pic. TXterra37 can't wait for your next mod you're X sure keeps evolving. mcm4090 thx for the invite this is a great site. :bowdown:

shigaki311.jpg
I looked on their website but could not find anything on the racks, particularly one that replaces the stock rack... or am I looking in the R-O-N-G place?

azbumblebee

The website is about to be updated with some Xterra pics, they have an expo show special of $550 + $140 shipping (lower 48) this includes a light bar as in the pic for the gen 1. They have a couple that they made while finishing the gen 2 rack (mine was just a prototype) the production on both are lower profile as requested by many Xterra owners. The gen 2 will be finished and shipping this summer. Accessories also available at additional cost. I run the hi-lift and shovel/axe mts with light tabs which can mount on top or low in front. Pm and I'll set you up with the company since dist. has not been setup yet. :)

The website is about to be updated with some Xterra pics, they have an expo show special of $550 + $140 shipping (lower 48) this includes a light bar as in the pic for the gen 1. They have a couple that they made while finishing the gen 2 rack (mine was just a prototype) the production on both are lower profile as requested by many Xterra owners. The gen 2 will be finished and shipping this summer. Accessories also available at additional cost. I run the hi-lift and shovel/axe mts with light tabs which can mount on top or low in front. Pm and I'll set you up with the company since dist. has not been setup yet. :)

Thanks for the info. I like the look of their racks better than Gobi, and the price is MUCH more attractive! They should have my business soon!

winkosmosis

Explorer
What's up with the front crossmember? It looks like it has a lowered suspension (judging by control arm angles) with a drastically dropped crossmember to where it's below the already huge skid plate. How does it not hang up on everything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles