Slide out drawers and sleeping platform

camp'n_hunt

Observer
So I have finally finished the project. Doesn’t help when you only put in an hour here and there…
Slides are rated for 250lbs, got them from Ebay, carpet is from Dubois Fabrics (Foss Ozite backless carpet) and the latches were from Etrailer.

I'm happy with my first real mod on this truck, next i think it will be rear bumper time, i need a fullsize spare and it won't fit in the OE space. Plus 30 gallons of fuel isn't enough for a V8.

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,374
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 2,691
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,082

chasespeed

Explorer
Whats the depth on those sliders??? I have some now, but, they are only 24" inch... need something more for sure....

Similar to whats been planned for the truck...

Thanks,
Chase

Really nice work, good looking set-up

attachment.php

I am curious about the gap under the drawers. Are you sliding tables or chairs under them? That is something I have been considering after seeing Ho's Land Rover.
Thanks for posting... I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on the build of my drawers, the design keeps changing on me:D.

Cheers.

Last edited:

camp'n_hunt

Observer
Latches - http://www.etrailer.com/c-rb.htm - at the bottom of the page.

Slide's are 40" full extension, 250 lbs. Yes overkill but riding on washboard roads really beats them up so better safe then sorry. I got them off Ebay but I don't see them anymore, I remember they were about 60 bucks/pair.

Design - yeah, I changed mine many times, then built it once and changed it again. The gap is needed to clear the tailgate but provides a great nook; left side keeps axe, splitting axe, and shovel. Right side, tarps, never can have too many tarps in the PNW.

I have been thinking about putting carpet on the bottom parts, i order yards and used less then 3.

firemansxterra

Adventurer
very nice, high quality build...i was wondering if you could post some pics and a small write up about the front section (towards the front of the vehicle) and how it breaks down and travels? I am working on a build myself and and running into some catches on how to finish off the front section...

X_Trippin

Observer
very nice, high quality build...i was wondering if you could post some pics and a small write up about the front section (towards the front of the vehicle) and how it breaks down and travels? I am working on a build myself and and running into some catches on how to finish off the front section...

I was thinking the same thing. I really want to build a drawer system for my Xterra but sometimes we sleep in the back. So I would need something that would be able to put in place that would go all the way to the front seats, making a flat sleeping platform.

firemansxterra

Adventurer
I was thinking the same thing. I really want to build a drawer system for my Xterra but sometimes we sleep in the back. So I would need something that would be able to put in place that would go all the way to the front seats, making a flat sleeping platform.

you'll have to go over to thenewx.org and check out my build thread on the storage system and sleeping platform system I am building...still working out the kinks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles